PK-8 & Ungraded
Berlin, NJ

Posted August 30, 2014
Our school is first and foremost a community school. The community prides itself on our school and the best teachers in New Jersey. Our administration is always on top of things and issues. BCS is a National Character School and our students perform well on state tests(regardless if you like testing or not, we do very well.)

Posted May 01, 2014
BCS deserves every honor they've received! Even if we were to move, I'd pay for my kids to be able to go to BCS. I have never seen a school with so many friendly teachers (this first observed just from walking the hall, greeted w/smiles and friendly hellos by ALL and every time. It then makes me smile). But most importantly, the teachers are SO dedicated to being the best, hence, making our kids the best by keeping parents heavily involved through updates via phone calls, daily and wkly. notes and Email messages. My 3 kids were born premature with many difficulties but because of the wonderful preschool program and continuous aid and support each and every year, my kids are extremely bright, advanced and learning right along with their peers. I worried about bullying, as all parents do, but we have not had any issues and the teachers keep me updated not only on my kids' academically but socially. I felt better knowing that they were keeping an eye on who socializes with whom and making an effort to balance each classroom each year being armed with this information. They deliberately teach kindness and self-worth! I'm SO grateful to have my kids attend BCS! - J.Plenty

Berlin Community Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2014
Terrible office staff. Very rude and unprofessional. Maybe the teachers are all right but I would strongly recommend parents to refrain from choosing this school. It's more than just grades!!

Posted December 29, 2013
I was a member of the first graduating class of 1959 at the "new" school. The band was my favorite activity but I pursued a career in medicine. The safety patrol kept me very busy as I was a captain in 1958 to 1959. The teachers and my classmates were the best! I am very thankful for attending this school.

Posted January 26, 2013
My son has been attending BCS for the last 2 years. I have never before experienced such a quality staff that genuinely cares for the students. He has thrived in his education. Excellent Principal and administration. It just saddens me that we will be moving out of district soon. I will miss BCS for sure.

Posted April 29, 2009
I actually didn't know much about BCS before moving here, I only knew (thought) that I had gone to the best elementary school in the area which was Osage Elementary in Voorhees. But I must say, I am VERY impressed with not only the school itself but I have never seen an entire school full of a friendly, smiling staff and at all times, very cheerful place. They work overtime it seems to keep the parents informed and involved. We plan to move in a few years but now we love the school so much that we refuse to send our kids anywhere else, which means that when we do move, it will have to be in this area. WONDERFUL school, can't say enough great things.

Posted November 09, 2007
That's the greatest school I've ever been to! The teachers help them get through the school if your child is having problems in english or math or other subjects the teachers will be happy to help them not only for their good but to help other children all over the world. But just to let you guys know kids can make a difference! You can do lots of programs its feels happy to see your child look healthy and happy and also to see them grow up right and to look at them and say hey I grew up in a bad situation that I don't want to see my child in.Music is something to let your child do,if its raining bad weather theres something to let your child do that's how I learned to play the guitar, I just sat in my special place and played.Now that's called a school!

Posted September 20, 2005
Very satisfied with the education and overall school experience for my kids at BCS

Posted August 27, 2005

Berlin Community Elementary School
215 S Franklin Ave, Berlin, NJ  08009
Last modified Berlin Community Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berlin Community Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top