K-6 & Ungraded
Bloomfield, NJ

Posted March 26, 2015
My son attended Oakview from K to 2nd but left halfway through 2nd grade. The principal, Mrs. Ditrani, is one of a kind who truly cares about her staff and every student. She is more than a principal. She did crossing guard duty, security, drop off/pickup zone monitor, and even a playmate to our son when we were late to pick him up. His teachers were all wonderful; Mrs. Flores, Ms. Romano, and Mrs. Ferrante. He was met with new challenges every school year yet was able to cope and learn because of them. Oakview prepared him well for his new school. We found that Oakview was well ahead of his new school despite the fact that both are similarly rated, 9, in GreatSchools.org and both are the best schools in the township. So parents who have children attending Oakview and for those thinking of sending their kids there should feel lucky and at ease knowing that their children will get the best education TAX money could buy.

Posted May 24, 2014
New principal is amazing! She has changed the whole 'feel' of the school and knows each kid by name, and most parents too! Great school, feels like you are part of a big family. I wish we had more space and smaller classes in the upper grades. And more grass! But the teacher's are all phenomenal. Very active home & School. (pta)

Posted August 23, 2012
I am the owner of Allwood Play and Learn preschool in Clifton and we have had many of our graduates attend Oak View. I have heard nothing but great things about this school from all of our families!

Posted August 07, 2012
My son has been attending Oakview since he was three years old. He lives with Autism and the teachers, teachers assistances, along with all the staff are wonderful. I see alot of improvement with my son from his experience with this school. He has achieved so much and I am grateful for our teachers and teacher assistances in Oakview. Plus everyone on staff allow these children to be who they are and not be hush or put down. They really support our kids in Special Needs Classes...

Posted October 14, 2010
Oak View is a good strong school - one of (if not) the best in Bloomfield. We bought our house to be in this school. The biggest weakness is the "magnet" or gifted and talented program - they only meet for 2 hours every other week. But if your student is on target, or is struggling, this is the place to be. We've been very lucky with great teachers; however, the principle could make more of an effort to get to know the students.

Posted February 07, 2008
We have been extremely satisfied with the quality of education our children have been receiving. The leadership, teaching and parental involvement is phenomenal. The school offers an aftercare program run by the YMCA which runs onsite from school dismissal until 6PM which is great for working parents.

Posted May 24, 2007
I am very satisfied with the quality of education that my child is receiving at Oak View. Growing up in Bloomfield and being educated through the Bloomfield school system, we decided to purchase our home so that Oak View would be the school our children attend. We have made a wonderful choice. The teachers on staff are wonderful and provide very competitive learning opportunities for the children.

Posted February 24, 2006
Both my children are attending Oak View School. The school has a high percentage of parent participation and the test score reflect this.

Posted December 16, 2004
This school year will be 6 years that our family has been at Oak View Elementary. My kids came from a daycare Kindergarten environment into 1st grade and it was a tough transition for them. They had to make adjustments to there new environment and made lots of new friends. I felt like an outsider at times, but came to realize that most moms have the same general concerns about schooling and there children. Teachers are very understanding and are willing to work with parents to get the kids to do there best. There are many opportunities to network with other parents by getting kids involved in the many activities in and outside the school. Our 6th grader is on the honor roll and have been given great opportunities to stretch her learning in enrichment programs. We're still working with our 2nd grader who we see improvements little by little.

Oak View Elementary School
150 Garrabrant Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ  07003
Last modified Oak View Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top