K-6 & Ungraded
Bloomfield, NJ

Posted May 24, 2014
New principal is amazing! She has changed the whole 'feel' of the school and knows each kid by name, and most parents too! Great school, feels like you are part of a big family. I wish we had more space and smaller classes in the upper grades. And more grass! But the teacher's are all phenomenal. Very active home & School. (pta)

Posted August 23, 2012
I am the owner of Allwood Play and Learn preschool in Clifton and we have had many of our graduates attend Oak View. I have heard nothing but great things about this school from all of our families!

Posted August 07, 2012
My son has been attending Oakview since he was three years old. He lives with Autism and the teachers, teachers assistances, along with all the staff are wonderful. I see alot of improvement with my son from his experience with this school. He has achieved so much and I am grateful for our teachers and teacher assistances in Oakview. Plus everyone on staff allow these children to be who they are and not be hush or put down. They really support our kids in Special Needs Classes...

Posted October 14, 2010
Oak View is a good strong school - one of (if not) the best in Bloomfield. We bought our house to be in this school. The biggest weakness is the "magnet" or gifted and talented program - they only meet for 2 hours every other week. But if your student is on target, or is struggling, this is the place to be. We've been very lucky with great teachers; however, the principle could make more of an effort to get to know the students.

Posted June 09, 2009

Posted February 13, 2008

Posted February 07, 2008
We have been extremely satisfied with the quality of education our children have been receiving. The leadership, teaching and parental involvement is phenomenal. The school offers an aftercare program run by the YMCA which runs onsite from school dismissal until 6PM which is great for working parents.

Posted May 24, 2007
I am very satisfied with the quality of education that my child is receiving at Oak View. Growing up in Bloomfield and being educated through the Bloomfield school system, we decided to purchase our home so that Oak View would be the school our children attend. We have made a wonderful choice. The teachers on staff are wonderful and provide very competitive learning opportunities for the children.

Posted February 24, 2006
Both my children are attending Oak View School. The school has a high percentage of parent participation and the test score reflect this.

Posted March 25, 2005

Oak View Elementary School
150 Garrabrant Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ  07003
Last modified Oak View Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top