Bloomfield, NJ

Posted January 16, 2015
My child goes to this school and happy and comfortable to be with friends. However, I think academics is inadequate. The teachers don't seem to be as enthusiastic and dedicated as they used to be. The members of the administration are nice people but there seem to be a lack of interest on their part. Communication has gotten worse and families are not as friendly as they used to be. There is a great deal of focus on extra-curricular activities particularly sports. A lot of the kids are competitive and enjoy it. However as parents I think they need to work on a more balanced curriculum and improve relationship with parents.

Posted October 25, 2014
I've always been somewhat skeptical about the quality of the education my children were getting at STA. There's a little more advancement in technology but hard to see the penetration of technology and specialized programs in the class material. I think the staff and infrastructure could use an infusion of new energy, but the base is sound. Sports is a big focus in this school, I think. Not necessarily bad but I think there has to be some balance against academics and other extra-curricular activities. With parent interaction, it's either you're in or you're out. My child is happy with the school, progressing and has made friends. If public school is improved in the area, I would probably go that route.

St Thomas The Apostle School 4

Posted March 05, 2014
St. Thomas is a great alternative to Bloomfield Public schools. Unlike public schools, there is no mandate to follow the Common Core standards. The teachers are free to teach the ways they know best. All the teachers are there because they love teaching- not due to their public school salaries or pensions. This school has a strong community feeling. Opportunities for after school activities and sports are plentiful which produces well-rounded students. The students have a sense of pride attending STA.

Posted February 13, 2014
Top priority was not all about academics. Sports and fundraising and fundraising - definite yes. You have some good teachers but many can use more training. Decent amount of extra curricular activities, may be important to some.

Posted November 04, 2013
Not worth the money. Teachers and academics are so-so. They put emphasis on sports though ... so if that's what you want, this is for you. Disappointed.

St Thomas The Apostle School 5

Posted June 08, 2009
My children love St. Thomas. They have made friends and the school has taught them not only academics but how to be caring and compassionate as well. Its a small welcoming community and everyone at the school know my kids' names.

Posted January 09, 2009

St Thomas The Apostle School 0

Posted January 05, 2009
I love STA. It is the best school! I think everyone is nice and great to people. Some people say that STA is a horrible place to send your children, but your very wrong. St.Thomas the Apostle School is the best with great teachers, staff and a great principal!!

St Thomas The Apostle School 5

Posted October 22, 2008
STA is a great school, my son loves going to STA and thanks me everyday for sending him to STA. He has made wonderful friends and I also have made great friends. He is doing excellent in all is classes. His teachers are well-educated and amazing.

Posted October 08, 2008
I thought St. Thomas was horrible for my girls. The children aren't nice and the teachers aren't well-educated. They can't control the room sometimes. My daughter just graduated and I am so happy she is out of there. The only teacher I liked was Taya Semple because she was wonderful. Now that she has left, STA needs to get themselves together.

St Thomas The Apostle School
50 Byrd Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ  07003
Last modified St Thomas The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Thomas The Apostle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top