9-12 & Ungraded
Cherry Hill, NJ
Students enrolled: 2,033

Posted March 27, 2013
I had a few great teachers in my time and Miss McLeester was one of the best and I am so glad she is still at East for the students of today, I am also so pleased that they have increased the integrity of the school by hiring fantastic, learned teachers as the students are much more into a good school and learning experience rather than competition in all ways that I experienced in the 70's, God bless this school and I know they are helping to teach our great children and future eternal students of the world!

Posted June 30, 2012
I am a former student and had a great experience at this school. The school has a good academic focus and the school population is diverse. There's also a great sports tradition there.

Posted June 29, 2012
I am an alumnai from Cherry Hill East. My experience was excellent when attending this high school. The support of teachers and other staff helps all students succeed in school. Teachers are willing to make time for their students in order to ensure they fully understand the materials presented in class. In addition to strong academic programs, students are also exposed to cultural diversity, which will also help the growth of children. The supportive high school community and rigors of the academics will certainly help your child success in the future.

Cherry Hill High-East High School 4

Posted June 29, 2012
Cherry Hill East is an all around great school that enables students to pursue their careers in the future. I knew I wanted to work on Wall Street by Sophomore year; my guidance counselor at Cherry Hill East gave me the necessary guidance when researching colleges that would accomodate a Finance major. I ended up getting accepepted into Rutgers, which is one of the best schools in New Jersey. This would not have been possible without the education, guidance, and preparation that I received from Cherry Hill East. I am now a manager at Morgan Stanley, one of the most prestigious firms on Wall Street ; I attribute this to the skills that i learned early on at Cherry Hill East.

Posted August 17, 2011
Having just graduated (Class of 2011) I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this school. I loved every bit of my 4 years at East. For the vast majority, the teachers are great and always make themselves available to help those who need them. Some teachers are known until staying well past the 4:00 late bus time. One in particular who I was lucky enough to have for QPS has been known to stay at school until 11pm tirelessly working for one purpose: his students. Now I'm a plebe (freshman) at one of the United States' 5 federal service academies (the United States Merchant Marine Academy) and the leg up that East has given me academically is unbelievable. My chem and calc courses are all review of what I did in East. East is great. Get involved, challenge yourself. And then you will be able to call East your home instead of just your school. That's how I look back now. East is my home away from home.

Cherry Hill High-East High School 3

Posted October 02, 2010
Cherry Hill School District is not all what is cracked up to be.. We moved to Cherry Hill from Marlton and believe me the schools in Cherry Hill are NOT as good as everyone says they are. # 1 my 16 yr old Son says he knows more then the teachers. And he also says the School when he walks in smells like pot. The staff over look what is going on. And to be honest the staff are rude and not friendly at all... My Son was taking Italian in Cherokee which he loved but East does not offer that. Also he took Law in Cherokee. and in East they only have Law 1. And Drafting the same. Cherry Hill School Systems are not all that great like what I have always heard. Cherokee is much better and friendly...

Posted May 15, 2009
As a former student at Cherry Hill East, I disagree that the school overlooks anything, be it by teaching to grades, score, speed, et cetera, et cetera. Since I left Cherry Hill, I have completed futher education at both a top private college and law school. Looking back, Cherry Hill East was most superior, both in terms of demand and learning environment. In this sense, I believe the discontent that was quantified as being overlooked can be attributed to an extremely competitive environment where some may extend or at least test the limits of their abilities. I often found people in class who were constantly stressed and struggling to keep up, however, there discontent could be attributed to a pressure to take all AP classes despite the student's limitations. Yet, what makes the school great is that they do not limit your options through testing classes, very egalitarian

Posted March 26, 2007
Cherry Hill HS is academically strong, teachers are harsh and scary sometimes but really good at teaching. the principal is active, the students are even more active, there are so many clubs that you can join. people are friendly. There are so many classes and music classes are great. They have good sportmanship too. they're probably the best public school in whole NJ. I loved Cherry Hill H.S. And all the races are accepted the students get along well regardless of the gender, height, race or anything. Cherry Hill is the best. Most of East's students are graduated from Beck MS and Carusi MS and both are the greatest middle schools around south jersey as well.

Posted May 15, 2006
Great school. I was able to take part in many after school activities and received an excellent education! Class of 2002

Posted April 05, 2006
Both my daughters graduated from Ch. Hill East with excellent grades and SAT scores and were highly satisfied with the high academic level of the school and class choices. If college is the goal, this is the place to be! The only complaint I have is that their advisor appeared to be only superficially involved in their college searches and application processes. Thankfully, I raised them to be very independent and pro-active young ladies so they successfully led their own college search, my older daughter choosing a university that was not even mentioned by her advisor, despite an obvious one to include in her list. There is plenty of diversity so a student ought to be able to find his or her niche of friends. However, it is a large school so the student must be proactive in this.

Cherry Hill High-East High School
1750 Kresson Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ  08003
Last modified Cherry Hill High-East High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Hill High-East High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top