6-8 & Ungraded
Chester, NJ

Black River Middle School 5

Posted October 13, 2011
Im an 8th grader here and its an awesome school!! There are no bully problems and we are a NJ school to watch which is really amazing. Our principal is so nice and awesome :) the teachers are amazing! Anyone who thinks otherwise must be thinking of a different school.

Black River Middle School 4

Posted December 28, 2010
hi i am a 12 year girl who is getting ready to move to chester in summer 2011. i am moving here from ny and i have to say i am really scared about moving. i have not been the most popular girl at my old school, and I constantly have to batttle the whole "cliques" of schools. i have never gone to public school and I have never lived in NJ. I don't know anyone out there so I am pretty much starting fresh! I am really excited, but I have my nervousness. My mom went to open house and she said it looks really good. If any students could give me advice on what to expect or information about the kids and stuff, I would really appreciate it. thanks.

Black River Middle School 5

Posted March 15, 2010
This is the best school! It has a variety of after school activities and the teachers are amazing! I would recomend any child to go here!

Posted March 03, 2010
agree with the sub. I am a former principal of an elementary school and i do not like what I see going on at this school. My son's first day was horrible(he started after winter break). The first thing his teacher said to him was 'You're late' and to me she said 'Why are you here? No parents.' This was his first day! Then when I was at the school I overheard a teacher say to a sub 'You're working too hard, take a break, you're making us look bad.' I was appalled. When I was a principal I encouraged parents to ask questions and really look at the inner workings of the school. Not just a chat with the teachers who will give a pretty answer. Look at the ugly. Listen in the hallways. Talk to the aides and the students. Get involved to change this school!

Black River Middle School
133 Rt. 513 - North Road, Chester, NJ  07930
Last modified Black River Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black River Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top