9-12 & Ungraded
Clifton, NJ
Students enrolled: 3,364

Clifton High School 2

Posted April 07, 2015
I would not recommend this school to oncoming students. Over the past 7 years the school has gotten worse and worse. The drug activity is unbelievable, the bullying is at its worse, and test scores are lower than ever. My oldest son graduated from this school and he doesn't want his little brother going because he's afraid. Incoming students be aware it's not what it was like anymore.

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter attended this school and she had great grades. For the students that ignore the rest and focus on classes they will do great. The worst is that there are to many fights and bullying now that before 7 years ago, the school has gone from one of the best in the area to one of the worst so sad to C this happen.This was such a great quiet school that focused on their education to get into a great college after graduating they pushed their students so they could strive and suceed. The things I hear now from the school stuff happening are really bad.
2 people found this helpful

Clifton High School 2

Posted March 03, 2012
My older son graduated from CHS and I have one who is a senior now. The school has changed so much for the worse. It's over crowded. Their scores are progressively getting lower. There are more fights and drug activity. I have to younger children in private school and plan on moving out of clifton as soon as my son graduates. My two older son would be very upset if I allowed their younger siblings to attend this hs. If you can avoid CHS by all means do.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 18, 2012
THIS HIGH SCHOOL OFFERS MANY CHALLENGES. WHEN YOU GRADUATE YOU ARE READY FOR WHAT THE WORLD OFFERS.

Posted January 04, 2010
I am a current student of CHS. CHS is great school that offers many challenges and activities. The staff is very supportive and kind. Everybody is given a chance to strive for the best. The best in CHS is no limit with no end of opening doors to better the future. CHS is the best school ever!

Posted December 19, 2009
This is a great school with an outstanding curriculum great teachers and wonderful extra curricular activities and its only problem is over crowding.

Clifton High School

Posted September 23, 2009
Clifton High School has great programs, activities and teachers!

Posted November 17, 2008
As a current all AP/Honors student, coming from a prestigious high school near Boston, MA, this school is showing me it's ability to challenge me, encourage me, and excite me. I would never expect this from a public school, but the AP staff (especially American History 1) shows me this school's skills. There are many clubs and activities to have fun afterschool, and to join for a good college resume. However, all of this school's other classes are overcrowded, and do not offer students proper attention. The school offers remedial sessions which are inadequate to help students. The teachers are also known to be slack in class, and have an infamous attendance record. Another bad aspect is the punishments given out. A student not wearing an ID card must stay in detention for 4 hours. If someone curses out their teacher, they get the same punishment.

Clifton High School 4

Posted April 18, 2007
I am an alumnus from the class of 2005. CHS was very beneficial to me. It allowed me to grow as an individual. I was exposed to a diverse population. I was encouraged to take part in a variety of extracurriculars and the teachers I had were genuine and knowledgeable. My graduating class was large, but I made numerous friends that I still keep in contact with today. There are overcrowding and parking issues, but security has improved since the police station was instated, though the IDs are not that effective. One can complain about the school, but it is what the student puts into the establishment that will dictate what he or she will learn from it. There were were many college prep, honors, and AP courses offered there that my college peers never had prior to matriculating here.

Posted June 29, 2006
I moved to Clifton a bit over two years ago. My child is in preschool but my brother graduated from CHS this year. Clifton is a great school district, but I was surprised and disappointed to find out there was only one High School and how overcrowded it was. Teachers, academics can all be great, but I believe there are many issues that fall threw the cracks and not enough attention to the student's individual needs.

Clifton High School
333 Colfax Avenue, Clifton, NJ  07013
Last modified Clifton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clifton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top