Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I used to live in Paterson, New Jersey and I was a student at Silk City Academy and I hated it. Then my family heard a lot of nice things about Clifton High School. So my family and I moved to Clifton, New Jersey and I transferred to Clifton High School and I thought it was gonna be better but it wasn't! In Silk City Academy I got beat up five times and in Clifton High School I got beat up eight times. So then unfortunately I dropped out of high school and then I just got a job at Taco Bell in New York City.

I am currently a senior in chs. In the four years i have been in this school i have dealt with disrespectful teachers who talk bad about students behind their back infront of other students and teachers. I have dealt with a teachet that refused to give me the grade i deserved (last year) on a project i stayed up all night for and was a present for my fathers b-day. I dealt with vice priciples who believe they are always right and gave me detentions just for standing up to the teacher for not giving me the grade i deserve. They dont listen to teachers when they ask to switch a student out since they do not seem to be doing good in class and feel like they would do better in a different class. I had teachers say infront of me and my class that they are just their for the money, they dont care if we pass or get good grades then not teach (not once)and just hands out a piece of paper tell us to figure it out and then go on their phones or the computer......I have more stories but it would take me months to finish so ill just leave it at....... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL FOR ANYONE!!!!!

I would not recommend this school to oncoming students. Over the past 7 years the school has gotten worse and worse. The drug activity is unbelievable, the bullying is at its worse, and test scores are lower than ever. My oldest son graduated from this school and he doesn't want his little brother going because he's afraid. Incoming students be aware it's not what it was like anymore.

My daughter attended this school and she had great grades. For the students that ignore the rest and focus on classes they will do great. The worst is that there are to many fights and bullying now that before 7 years ago, the school has gone from one of the best in the area to one of the worst so sad to C this happen.This was such a great quiet school that focused on their education to get into a great college after graduating they pushed their students so they could strive and suceed. The things I hear now from the school stuff happening are really bad.

My older son graduated from CHS and I have one who is a senior now. The school has changed so much for the worse. It's over crowded. Their scores are progressively getting lower. There are more fights and drug activity. I have to younger children in private school and plan on moving out of clifton as soon as my son graduates. My two older son would be very upset if I allowed their younger siblings to attend this hs. If you can avoid CHS by all means do.

THIS HIGH SCHOOL OFFERS MANY CHALLENGES. WHEN YOU GRADUATE YOU ARE READY FOR WHAT THE WORLD OFFERS.

I am a current student of CHS. CHS is great school that offers many challenges and activities. The staff is very supportive and kind. Everybody is given a chance to strive for the best. The best in CHS is no limit with no end of opening doors to better the future. CHS is the best school ever!

This is a great school with an outstanding curriculum great teachers and wonderful extra curricular activities and its only problem is over crowding.

Clifton High School has great programs, activities and teachers!

As a current all AP/Honors student, coming from a prestigious high school near Boston, MA, this school is showing me it's ability to challenge me, encourage me, and excite me. I would never expect this from a public school, but the AP staff (especially American History 1) shows me this school's skills. There are many clubs and activities to have fun afterschool, and to join for a good college resume. However, all of this school's other classes are overcrowded, and do not offer students proper attention. The school offers remedial sessions which are inadequate to help students. The teachers are also known to be slack in class, and have an infamous attendance record. Another bad aspect is the punishments given out. A student not wearing an ID card must stay in detention for 4 hours. If someone curses out their teacher, they get the same punishment.

Last modified Clifton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.