K-5 & Ungraded
Dumont, NJ

Posted November 05, 2013
We are new to this school, and so far I think it is great! I agree with the other parent who said the school nurse is the best. She DOES go above and beyond being just a nurse. She has helped my daughters adjust to their new school amazingly. She is so helpful and caring in every way. My kids' teachers are wonderful. Very caring and concerned about the children's education and well being. Both of my daughters love their teachers so much. The other children attending are sweet, kind and friendly. My daughters have made great friends already. Unfortunately, I have to agree about the crossing guard minding her own job. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this. Lincoln school though, a great school that definitely tries its best and is doing great in doing so!!

Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
Lincoln school is definitely not a good school to send your child to. The principal does not even greet the parents during meetings which clearly shows a lack of leadership skills. It seems like the faculty does not care much about the kids in terms of guidance and teaching which is very important for the early years of a childs behavioral and intelligence development. I would not recommend this school at all, there are many neighboring towns which are excellent such as Demarest. Best of luck with your child's education!

Posted September 18, 2013
We stepped in during the PTO meeting and PTO officers were very busy discussing about the kids and what programs, plans they have to benefit the students- that to me, shows sincerity and dedication to their beloved school. The Principal may not say much- a man of few words but nevertheless a Leader that shows a fervent desire to serve...I must say, I was stunned when he approached us of planning for 504 for my son, something that I had not experience from my son's past school for 5 yrs we fought for his IEP or just 504 plan.... What happened ???? NOTHING! But this school first day of meeting with them when we were submitting registration papers, 4 days before school started- the nurse got the 504 plans submitted in first hand basis to the principal. Then last night right after the PTO meeting, like I said the Principal stood up to remind us that my son's 504 plan meeting will take place nxt week. I mean, I think I would rather have a school leader with less talk but puts a lot of effort for the benefit of our dear children.. What do you think? Hats off to Lincoln school faculty members and PTO officers.

Posted June 13, 2013
THE SCHOOL IS GREAT but not perfect.The only thing that NEEDS IMPROVEMENT is the Crossing guard Lady's actions.We appreciate her service but NOT HER ATTITUDE.This Lady acts like she's the police she's EXAGERRATED and a little too much. She screams at the parents like she's the law and Runs her mouth just because half of your car went on top of the yellow line to unload your kids,even if you have your signals on, you are not causing any traffic and you are on the sides. She would scream for everyone to hear.UNPROFESSIONAL,annoying and a lot of parents hate her for this. You can practice safety by not DISRESPECTING all the parents that does not know YOUR made up rules.She's done this so many times.DO your job as a crossing guard not as a trying hard COP.Yes u know a lot of cops in town but it don't mean you are one.It is NOT a violation to unload on the side yellow lines by law, its not like they are parking! Specially if the child is disabled! NOR does it endanger other children or cause traffic! FOCUS on the KIDS crossing not the CAR passing! Let the real cops handle Cars! Be a crossing guard not a traffic enforcer! I witness this almost daily & it ruins beautiful mornings!

Posted June 13, 2013
Principal Mr.Lopez - is a good leader he knows all the kids in school and they look up to him. He takes bullying seriously Teachers - Are very good well qualified and does not give answers to njasks tests unlike other schools .When regular teachers are on leave they are replaced by Substitute teachers they are ok. Nurse Mrs. Bull - The best school nurse ever! She does her job very well! She is friendly helpful and compassionate. She goes above and beyond being a nurse. She runs a lot of other activities for the children to benefit from. She would also call you if your child gets a boo boo. We all Love her! PTO - Have a lot of fun activities. Not all parents participate though but welcome to join anytime. Crossing Guard - Yes she shouts at parents a lot she does need manners. The Children should be her priority not the parents across the street that is parking, stepping on yellow lines or doing legal k-turns. I think the only valid reason to shout at parents in cars is when the car does not stop when her stop sign is up. Other than that she need not worry about the little things it will only take her mind of her duty.

Posted August 03, 2011
UNBELIEVABLE SCHOOL! Great teachers & staff, great ratio and extremely family oriented. The kids learn and have fun - super great atmosphere love it!

Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2009
School is fine, child study isnt worth much

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted November 10, 2005

Posted November 25, 2004
- a former student

Lincoln Elementary School
80 Prospect Ave, Dumont, NJ  07628
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top