7-12 & Ungraded
Glen Ridge, NJ

Glen Ridge High School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
The school's success rate has gone from 4th to 12th place in the last year. Coming from an all A student, the majority of our teachers are lazy. These incompetent teachers are only kept around because of tenure. Its ridiculous how little these teachers know about their subjects. My spanish teacher was okay with her class averages for a quiz, practically failing. she believed it was a hard topic, but she just never tried to teach it anyother way. My teachers have basically given us the answers to the SGO's the day before we took them. The SGO is supposed to measure the teachers competentcy level, but they still give us a grade for it even if we should just know the information. Since I was young I've been told that I would have to work harder than everyone else because I have slight ADD. Yet, when I was put into a class with a great english teacher, I thrived. All of the students in this town aren't being taught well, they just come from pretentious and smart homes. When a person doesn't come from a family that hovers over they're grades, there is a significant difference. This school district is overall bad, hiding under the blanket of pushy and intelligent parents.

Glen Ridge High School 1

Posted February 10, 2014
It's true! This school has no real labs! Shocking! My child does paper labs for biology and chemistry. They had one fetal pig lab at the end of the year, that's it. How can they call this an education!

Glen Ridge High School 3

Posted January 05, 2014
Personally, I think the school is very overrated. Teachers make such a fuss about bullying and fighting that in retrospect, there is very little bullying, especially for a small school with less than 800 kids in all 6 grades that are in GRHS. Homework in the school is also a huge concern. Just missing one or two assignments can bring a grade down by more than 5% Math class revolves around CCSS, and doesn't help kids with little understanding of the subject that is being taught. The teachers usually tell the students to report to the class after school if they need extra help with the subject. Overall, the whole teaching process in some of the classes, especially math, seems rushed and that the teachers are trying to compete for the time and little money they are given. The quality of the school isn't so great either, as the bathrooms are extremely dirty, unlike the previous schools. There aren't any woodshop or metalwork classes, something I was looking foward to. The classrooms are old and are in need of some up-to-date repair. Overall, most of the teachers are very nice and teach relatively well, but the school acts poorly for the high expectations I've had for it.

Posted August 11, 2013
This is our 2nd year at Glen Ridge High School. I am blown away with how great it is. The teaching staff is exceptional: caring, professional and most importantly engaging with the students. Glen Ridge is an affluent, educated community with high standards. It is my opinion that GRHS meets these standards.

Glen Ridge High School 1

Posted July 19, 2013
The administration puts on a show of being non tolerant of bullying and makes a show of it, but when your child is bullied, there is no support. They are trying to protect their reputation, but the at the cost of actually doing something to stop bullying. Many of the students get away with very disrespectful treatment of teachers and other students alike. Science labs are largely paper labs and students are not allowed outside at all on most days during school hours.

Glen Ridge High School 4

Posted April 06, 2010
I like the glen ridge high school. It's the school where everyone knows each other and the teachers have high expectations, unless they know you are not smart or try, and then they don't bother about you, even though they should. I have always been a good student, but never exceptional and I was very surprised when I got 2239 on my SATS and andgot into a very god college.

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted June 06, 2007
Small School with Big standards. Glen Ridge has consistently done a fine job with my 3 kids and this School is year-in year-out rated in the top ten schools in New Jersey.

Glen Ridge High School 2

Posted June 21, 2004
The district is over burdened with administrative staff, in fact when looking at state averages, for a small district we are well over average. The teachers although this is a general statement, and there are of course exceptions, seem to cater to the students who are either at the top of the class or the bottom. And if at the bottom additonal attention is only provided after the student has been 'classified'. Meanwhile the 'average' student in the middle is given little or no attention when they may be having problems.

Glen Ridge High School
200 Ridgewood Ave, Glen Ridge, NJ  07028
Last modified Glen Ridge High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Ridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top