PK-8 & Ungraded
Guttenberg, NJ

Posted March 10, 2015
WORST SCHOOL! 5th GRADERS SMOKING IN THE LUNCH ROOM! KIDS FAILING AND SENT TO SUMMER SCHOOL ONLY FOR US PARENTS TO BE CHARGED $200.00 TEACHERS GOSSIPING INFRONT OF THE STUDENTS. TEACHERS TALKING DOWN AT KIDS INFRONT OF THE CLASS. WORST THEN ROBERT FULTON. AND KIDS BEING SCARED TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR FEAR OF BEING BULLIED. I PREFER BERGEN COUNTY SCHOOLS ANYDAY BEFORE THE SCHOOLS IN HUDSON COUNTY. THE TEACHERS STEROTYPE AND THE PARENTS ARE NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH TO TEACH THE KIDS AT HOME OR ARE TOO BUSY WORKING
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 08, 2015
There should be no wonder why this is doing so poorly. With parents that don't care or don't have a clue, there are teachers that don't care.Thus the students fail. I failed my child by sending him to this school. Last year 50% of the 7th grade class was failing. The administration's explaination? It's the students fault because they are not doing their homework. The administration is failing these kids everyday when they fail to understand and fail to educate our children. These kids grades are inflated by teachers giving additional points to "boost" the kids grades so they avoid failing. The kids will just suffer in the end. It's a sad truth if you have other options do not send you child there.

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter is graduating this year. Thank Goodness because she is a straight A, Gifted and Talented Student and the rate this school is going it will be compared to the inner city schools with low test scores. Thank God My daughter was there when the Teachers and Principal really cared. They really need to shape up.

Posted April 07, 2014
This year 2013-2014 year has been terrible. The new administrators have completely failed these children. There is no diversity among the staff in a district that is mostly Hispanic. The scores are lower than ever and the administration puts sole blame on the children. Not enough textbooks therefore they share class textbooks. 29 minutes for lunch and no recess and cannot leave seats at all. Lockers are broken and bathrooms are disgusting. Overall the school has nothing good. With the exception of maybe a handful of teachers who truly care. There is no principal and the Board of Ed pays no attention to the parents who speak up. In fact they are out right rude when you do attend the meeting to speak up. Huge FAIL!!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 26, 2014
I recently moved to this school from IN and I have to say that you can't even compare the two schools. Though I love the teachers, I have to say that I'm not impressed at all with the low grades at classes. The attitude of the students is really bad. As a student who doesn't usually get less than an A, I feel left out. There is no strong music program except choir which for a band student, it sucks. There is a small gym in the basement. I guess I expected too much. It's just so disappointing. My dreams like going to jazz band festival or contest, I have to throw away. Who knows if they even have any in high school.

Anna L. Klein Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2012
I absolutely love this school. I love the teachers, I love the location, I love the principle. My son gets straights A's in Anna L. Klein. He loves the kids and the teachers. Great school to enroll your kids.

Anna L. Klein Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2012
I am a student at Anna L.Klien. The PTO raises a lot of money and they are currently renovating the gym. The discipline is great too. For example, a kid in my grade did the almost did the cinnamon challenge with two other kids. The two kids that were with him got their parents called in, while the ring leader got suspended and his parents called in as well. The education is great, but I just wish kids actually let the teachers help them learn. Everything else is above average at least.

Anna L. Klein Elementary School 5

Posted March 12, 2012
Great teachers, great principal. I wish they have more funds to bring new programs! The 100 Book Challenge Program is Superb!

Posted November 01, 2011
Very disappointed in this school.The office is very unorganized ,they dont really seem to care and have attitudes really frustrating when as a parent your only concern is your child...Dismissal is confusing and just a mess...i will be taking my child out of this school am not happy and definitely not impressed ive had one too many incidents in this school really dissapointed i just want the best for my child .i will say that his teacher is great very kind and caring teacher..unfortunatately thats not enough the staff lacks people skills and are very unfriendly..coincedently im reporting someone from their staff for discrimination.

Anna L. Klein Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
I know it's a good school with a trong heart to give an education to the children of this small town.

Anna L. Klein Elementary School
301 69th St, Guttenberg, NJ  07093
Last modified Anna L. Klein Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anna L. Klein Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top