PK-3 & Ungraded
Holmdel, NJ

Village Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2014
My son is in 1st grade and has been receiving special education services since Pre K in this school and it has been a wonderful and positive experience watching him achieve goals and overcome challenges that were once very difficult for him. He is in an inclusion program but pulled out into resource room for the main subjects. It is like he has his own private tutors who can design the curriculum to fit his needs. He also has social skills classes every morning and a (guidance counseling) group meeting once or twice a week and he can walk up to other kids and start a conversation! These classes really have helped him grow over the past year! So for those looking for this in a public school Village is great! The drawback is the regular education classes have 20-25 kids, I think holmdel can do better. They also do not have enough technology in the classrooms,and nothing is online. It's a lot easier to get my son to do his homework on a computer where he can see a demo of how to solve a problem and really learn, than using a bunch of dittos that show the kids nothing. Like someone before me said, no school is perfect whether a 10 or a 6, but this school is a real gem :-)

Village Elementary School 5

Posted October 09, 2013
Village school is a great school with a very vibrant teaching environment. The kids love going to school.

Village Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2011
We moved here a year ago because we had heard great things about the Holmdel school system and so far the school has been satisfactory. No school is perfect and I can't speak for all the teachers however I have been satisfied with my son's 1st and 2nd grade teachers. My son has enjoyed learning in both classes. His teachers were very positive and communicative with parents. The reason I did not give this school 5 stars is because I am not thrilled or impressed with my younger son's preschool teacher. Basically, she wants you to sign your child in and out without any questions....and should you ask how your child was that day she answers you as if you asked a strange question and really can't be bothered to answer. When she does give feedback its only to complain. My older child's preschool and teacher was far better. I will have to enroll my younger one in another preschool next year if things don't change. Its a shame that Village Preschool isn't up to par with the rest of the school.

Posted May 07, 2010
Village School has a wonderful, caring staff. My children love it there!

Posted May 07, 2010
The teachers are great, the environment is rich in activities

Posted May 07, 2010
Despite it's large size, it's very warm and personalized! :)

Posted May 07, 2010
Great teachers, administration and extracurricular activities. Well worth the move to be in this town.

Posted May 07, 2010
Village Elementary School is a wonderful learning environment. My children love going to school!

Posted May 07, 2010
My children love going to school. The staff, teachers, assistant principal & principal are wonderful. I am so glad my children are in Village School.

Posted May 06, 2010
Village School has the best teachers, administrators and staff!

Village Elementary School