Jersey City, NJ

Our Lady Of Mercy School 4

Posted June 22, 2012
Our lady of Mercy Academy is a good Catholic school. This is very well reflected on the students good demeanor. Though the student-teacher ratio is slightly higher compared to other private schools, I feel it is still at a suitable level. Next school year will be my daughter s 4th year in this school. As a parent, I am very pleased with the results so far.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 1

Posted June 12, 2012
OLM is a not a good Catholic, grammar school. As a parent, I think OLM should motivate the teachers so the teachers can motivate the students. The unresponsiveness from faculty is disgusting! OLM is "high priced" alternative to public school. Students in every grade lack the tools necessary (i.e. books) they need learn. Students are often graded on classes that are not given regularly. I would not recommend this school. It does not have a strong curriculum and certainly will not prepare your child for the future.

Posted January 22, 2008
Our Lady of Mercy os one of the best schools I'd recomend. I've been attending eversince Pre-k and all the years are worth it. After another year, I'll be off to high school. My parents never planned on transfering me and I don't plan on going anywhere 'till I graduate. The religion classes teach us how to become a better person and to keep trying so we can reach our goals. The teachers help us build our confidence and try to do it in fun ways, especialy in after-school activities. WIth each passing year OLM gets better and better. My little brother currently attends the school and, hopefully, my baby sister will attend as well once she becomes of age.

Posted April 23, 2007
Our Lady of Mercy is a very good school. Academics are higher than public school. And the kids are safer there. The class room sizes are small. The have free tutoring for struggling students. Teachers are very good and always willing to work with you. Students do not get lost in this school without help that they need. My daughter has been there since 1st-5th and will be there until 8th.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
OLM is a good Catholic, grammar school. I will not say it's exemplary in its academics but can say that it meets the requirements. As a parent, I think school should motivate the teachers so the teachers can motivate the students more. I sent my children here to learn discipline and develop a strong set of moral values which I feel is lacking in the public school system. But definitely, public school system has better academic curriculum than private schools.

Posted September 23, 2004
I attended OLM from 1st- 8th Grade (Class of 1988) and I send my daughter there now. This is her 2nd year here, she is now in kindergarten. I am very satisfied with OLM. Not only is she getting he book smarts she has also become a well rounded individual.

Posted September 05, 2004
- a former student

Our Lady Of Mercy School
254 Bartholdi Avenue, Jersey City, NJ  07305
Last modified Our Lady Of Mercy School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Mercy School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top