Jersey City, NJ

St Dominic Academy 1

Posted September 04, 2014
All this school wants is money they don't want what's best for your daughter. It isn't worth sending your kid there. All the teachers except maybe 3 are nasty and the administration is so disrespectful. I wouldn't waist my money.

Posted August 18, 2014
The decision to send my daughter to my Alma Mater, SDA , was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The high standard of education that my daughter receives by far surpasses the education offered at prestigious Bergen County catholic high schools. It's cultural diversity and Jersey City location prepares the girls for the real world experiences they will encounter by exposing them to so many different cultures. Anyone looking for a catholic high school for their daughter should definitely put SDA on the top of their list.

Posted September 19, 2013
Decision to register my daughter as a freshman in SDA is the best. Decision we took. Teachers are wonderful. Also the mixed culture helps students to know each other very well. My daughter loves it so far and looking forward to see her growing wonderfully with SDA.

St Dominic Academy 3

Posted January 15, 2013
Thrilled when my daughter entered freshman year. Not so much in her sophmore year for many reasons to list here.

Posted September 23, 2009
SDA has a tough curriculum that is hard to rival. It is also a place to build confidence and character. p.s. The uniforms were cute too.

Posted September 21, 2009
I felt like it was my family! You cannot say about every other school!

Posted September 21, 2009
Saint Dominic Academy, empowering women for leadership since 1878, is a rare school. It is an all girls college prep high school that is centrally located in the urban city of Jersey City, NJ. The girls that make up the student body at SDA are as diverse as the city that surround the school. It is a Catholic high school with a multicultural view on teaching. I have never known a school that offers such a variety of activities for its students. The school itself lacks the ground and a gym but their students have never had to go with out. It is one of the few all girl academies left in Hudson County, and it survives through the help of its loyal Alumni. All who attend hold great pride in being known as a SDA girl. Saint Dominic Aceademy has an award winning glee club which performs regularly at Carnegie Hall, their dance team places at national levels, and their softball team, along with their track and swim team are county champions. As part of their graduation requirement, SDA students also volunteer in their community. This is rare school in a sometimes troubled city. You only need to look at the school's great Alumni support to see the great impact this Academy has on its students. I would only hope that when my daughter is ready for high school I will be able to send her to my Alma Mater, Saint Dominic Academy.

Posted September 21, 2009
St. Dominic Academy prepares young ladies into women ready to take on any challenge they are faced with; academically or in life. The sense of family makes all current students and alumna proud to be SDA women.

Posted May 02, 2009
SDA is the best thing that ever happened to me school-wise. The values, academics and relationships found there are still with me today. The ties I've formed with the school are eternal because I've found that a lot of the material I learned was extremely useful and is helpful now during my college career at Princeton. I now people tend to say ' I'm never going to need to know this or that I'll never use this again in life' but it so far has not proved true with many of the skills I've developed being called upon frequently in my continued academic career. The faculty and the school events like walk-a-thon are near and dear to my heart to this day.

Posted April 17, 2009
As a former student and former teacher, I can honestly say that SDA provides the absolute best education for young women. Not only is the academic setting exceptional, but the atmosphere is one in which young women learn how to become leaders.

2572 John F Kennedy Boulevard West, Jersey City, NJ  07304