PK-8 & Ungraded
Kearny, NJ

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted May 13, 2014
My son has been here for one year and so far so good. Lots of parent involvement. No issues with the teachers.

Posted April 28, 2014
As a parent of a second greater, I'm very displease with the school. I feel the school doesn't provide much help for disable students. As per daughter current teacher. She's very rude, and very impatient with my daughter's condition. I also feel that the teachers don't have a hands on approach with parents. I would like to receive a weekly or a bi-weekly report of my child's academic. If my child needs more help I would like to know. For example, My daughter's grades went from and A to a C-. The teacher never contacted me or suggested my daughter's grades were decreasing. The school needs more involvement with the students as well as the parent.

Posted April 22, 2014
Washington doesn't have it easy. Location doesn't help but they have done their absolute best to improve! Their scores were overall best in Kearny! give credit where credit is due! go Washington!! SPEAK UP TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS!!!!!! BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE!!!

Posted April 16, 2014
The greatest!! Teachers work hard along with the students to keep a good academic level. Unfortunately its infrastructure is outdated in comparison with the others in town, what i don't understand since we all pay taxes as well as in the other areas.

Posted October 26, 2013
Studenta Got the best score in kearny schools this year! They are working hard to keep thw students grades!

Posted December 20, 2012
After they change the Principal and Vice I'm very happy with the attention always listening and trying to change whatever was wrong from the past administration ,i'm a very picky parent...and is hard to pleased me but so far I have to say they try the best to listen to me as they Kids in the school is sad the teacher's don"t have a magic wand to change them parents have to help too...Curtis Brack Vice is always outside listening to parents...hear so many bad things about this school before but let me tell you even the people in front Desk are nice not like Fra.... school....Parents should get more involved in their kids live they are great teachers Mrs. White 3 grade teacher love her!Mrs.Barboza...don't have any big complains,Happy to this change!new staff (principal and Vice)

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted November 16, 2012
As a former student of Washington school and a sister of two students who still attend this school I find these reviews to be completely ridiculous. Many people tend to discriminate against Washington school kids because it's not the "rich" part of Kearny or because there's a large number of Hispanics that attend the school. The teachers are great and very dedicated, Washington school students also happen have the highest state test grades in the town. So what if the secretary is rude, get over yourself.

Posted September 19, 2012
Well my daughter just start her first yr. at washington school. all i'm hoping is the best... I taught her how to behave I also told her even mom and Dad is not aroung but Jehovah is watching over. so she needs to be on her best behavior at all the time...as far as the lady in the front office i didnt like the first impression i had with her..the only thing we can do as parent just train our kids right at home and let the rest into God hand....

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2011
The lady in the front office is rude, she is disorganized, and they take forever to help everyone issue. One day I was there just to fill out a form it took her 45 minutes to assist me. My son teacher Mrs Benati she was the worst teacher ever dealing with children with ADHD she was so cooky and snotty. She didnt seem to be working with him at all. She requested tutoring one time and one time she forgot about the tutoring i ask her what time the tutoring was and she never got to me. I think this needs emails for the teacher so the parents can keep in contact with the students and set up online accounts so parents can pay for lunches it will be so much easier that way. Some school systems my child attend are on paypams and parent-teacher meetings too but never one was offer either. This school is horrible i agree with the student as well if the student sees this school fail what you think others dont see the school failing JMO...

Posted February 26, 2011
I'm a student from washington school and I've only read 3 reviews of my school. So far, my predictions were correct. I've seen a ton of kids misbehaving, on the ineligible list or not applying themselves to their education. This is a disgrace to Kearny because of its lack of discipline and respect for the educational system, People unfortunately don't see washington school this way. The students have a lack of respect to the school, the educational system and Kearny as well. If this keeps up, Washington School will be closed around 2015 or 2016. I might be a student but I deeply care about my school.

Washington Elementary School
80 Belgrove Dr, Kearny, NJ  07032
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top