Bad
Good

Academically, I would say this school is slightly above average. They have a lot of extracurricular activities for the students, which is important. Unfortunately, due to the size of the school, they have lost control. Bratty rich kids rule the hallways with obnoxious attitudes. Having had two children and three nieces and nephews pass through this school, my assessment is well founded. The staff is completely oblivious to this problem and the administrators are more interested in defending the fact that they have all mandated prevention programs in place than dealing with the issue. So, be prepared to deal with the offending child's parents directly or watch your child suffer at the hands of the bratty elite with their $200 sneakers. It's unfortunate, but I would have to say that due to the size of the school and the growth of the town, I would not recommend this school. All of the kids in my family survived without major problems and got a decent education, but there is far too much elitism, social bullying and cliquishness tolerated by the schools administration for me to recommend this school today. I'm glad all the children in my family are finally out of this school.

This school is excellent and I have been teaching here for about 20 years. It has really been a journey, seeing all these familiar faces growing up

I am currently an 8th grade student at DeMasi, and LOVE everything about it. I was bullied, and they took care of it very nicely. All the teachers i've had are spectacular (excluding one. But hey, your always going to have one bad apple!) DeMasi also has 9th grade algebra and 10th grade geometry for the gifted students. (i'm taking those.) So 5 stars for challenging academic programs, and good teachers. (By the way, you can request to switch halls if your child is being bullied. Some people do.)

My grandson will be starting 6th grade this year. He was assigned to Green House yet all of his friends are assigned to Red. He is a very sensitive boy, not into sports and was bullied last year. The bully is the ONLY person he knows in his class. It took him 4 years to bond with the 3 friends that he does have and florished this year because he finally felt like he belonged to the group. Now he was ripped away from them and thrown into a situation which I hope and pray will work out. No one that my daughter talked to about a switch, seems to care. There are too many reasons to list here of why this should not happen. He is going to a new school and structure which is hard enough, but to be alone only magnifies the stress. I will reserve my rating for now, but rest assured, I will be back,

I attended DeMasi 6th, 7th, and 8th grade and was in green hall. I have had a problem with most of the teachers i've had. My 8th grade social studies teacher was the worst. He constantly embarassed me in front of the class and threatened me with detentions when i hadn't done anything to earn one. He made another student pick up trash off his floor on his hands and knees as punishment. His grading was uncalled for and wrong too, giving grades for something that was never included in the rubric or told to us. He was basically making up grades and requirements off of the top of his mind. His name calling and harassment continued until my father and I met with the principal to address the problem and she just defended him saying he can give me any grade he wants and that i was only after an "a", which was not true at all. Not to mention the snake advoided the meeting and never showed up. So my dad told her that i was to be moved out of his class immediately and the decision was made to have me go to red hall for social studies which i loved.

My third child is currently enrolled in. Staff and Teachers are excellent. They prepare the kids for high school. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Offer many ways for kids to find a club to belong and teach the kids respect by doing community service projects.

It's unfortunate that this school district stills employs some who do not deserve to teach. These few bad apples are neither motivated nor care about children's feelings. A teacher for 7th grade Red Reading and Writing is a classic example. She picks her handful number of students as favorites in the beginning of the year and if you're not on that list, she is just mean and cold. She is often found yelling, even giving out lower grades to the students she doesn't like. Even the kids on her favorite list admit she can be mean to the other kids. I've talked to many of the parents of current and former students who expressed their dissatisfaction with this teacher. Many have wrote complaints about her, but little was done - thanks to their union and tenure. As a taxpayer of this township, I am baffled as to why the school district fails to protect our children from mistreatment...

the staff really helps the kids and they offer a lot of clubs so they interact with other ones. i am really happy with the school and what it has to offer.

I've never seen a better school. Everything from the layout to the teacher involvement with the kids. Just fantastic. The teachers are very into seeing the children succeed in a safe enviornment.

The first time I went in for a consolation for my Grandaughter .I was greated with pleasent faces They were very helpful to me . Than I took cupcakes in for the other classes to celabreat my Grandaughters 13 birthday Treated as I wasen't there Asked my Grandaughter what she wanted to do with her cupcakes ? I tried to interduce myself But was treated like I wasent there extreamly cold ! Than as I left I said good morning to a teacher as I was leaving she just walked passed me With out a word Other than the cold reception .My Greandaughter is doing extreamly well in Demass School

Last modified Frances Demasi Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.