Posted November 07, 2014
Saw some posts below on the community.. I have to speak up here and agree wholeheartedly that I know of no school with a more caring community than St. Francis Cathedral School. It is as if the parents, students, teachers, and principal are all family. The longer you're there, the more you recognize how different this school is from all others. Academically, it is excellent with all the technological bells and whistles. There are kids that go on to prestigious high schools such as Regis, Mount St. Mary's, etc with several afterwards attending Ivy League schools. However, it's that sense of every kid mattering, that sets this school far apart from all others. Extremely happy and blessed to be a part of the loving family environment at St. Francis Cathedral School.

Posted September 24, 2014
We love St. Francis Cathedral School! The teachers and administration genuinely care about the well-being of the students, not only in school, but as children. I can honestly say that it doesn't matter what teacher you get. They're all wonderful teachers. We've had most and have never been disappointed. Mrs. Stevens, the principal, is very serious about offering a loving but highly advanced educational environment to the kids. Our Catholic faith, languages, technology (iPads instead of text books, Smart boards in all the classrooms), art, music (piano, guitar, flute, drums, etc) are all taught in addition to the classic studies. Track, basketball, chorus, aftercare, special speech classes (for lisps or light speech impediments) are offered for all who need it. Best of all the children are safe and all cared for. The students always seem so happy and seem to do better than all the local schools.

Posted June 11, 2014
I agree with the person couple posts down, show me a soccer or football field and I will agree there are sufficient sports facilities. Teachers are nice and very polite however to be fair.

Posted May 01, 2013
Absolutely love this school. Excellent teachers with a challenging curriculum in a loving, family-type atmosphere. The Principal (Mrs. Stevens) is a lovely person with high qualifications. It's so obvious to see the love that she has for kids. Love the prayers that they learn too. However, we have many students who are not Catholic because of the discipline, structure, and balance. The school has a wonderful feel of familiarity. We are truly blessed to send our kids to St. Francis.

Posted February 07, 2013
My experience so far has only been with pre K. I must say, i am very impressed with my childs learning experience. She is reading and writing. She learns great prayers and cute songs. There is lots of fun for her, and an appropriate amount of disipline. They have a large class, but the teacher and aide seem to handle all the children well. My daughter has recieved plenty of one on one attention. My plan is to continue my daughters education at St Francis. I am hoping her future experience will be just as good.

Posted October 19, 2012
This school is okay. All the teachers I've had are awful though! I came in when I was going into 4th grade. I'm not posting any names, but I was in 4B. I didn't like that teacher, but thinking back from today she would be easier now that I'm a little older. I absolutely HATED 5th grade. I was in 5B. Worst year EVER. All my teachers (except for my current one) were bullies. In 4B, a teacher PUSHED me because I forgot my homework. I'm a talented artist and so I draw in my free time. Well, in 5th grade, the teacher was searching through my backpack to search through my folder because I forgot something at school and saw one of my drawings. I was at recess when this happened, and so when I came back, she made me come to her desk and then yelled(in front of everyone), "So, this is what you do instead of your homework?!?", and held up one of my favorite drawings. Then she told me to get the trash can from across the room. So I went over and picked it up and brought it over and while I was walking back to her desk, she crumpled it in front of my face and then threw it in. I came home crying for a long time. She was terrible. In 6th, the teacher picked favorites. Middle school is bad too.

Posted February 16, 2012
all i can say is that the middle school is TERRIBLE. Nasty, unhappy teachers who use favoritetism and have no compassion. And the principal won't to do anything about it. The only thing i can say i really like, is the new vice principal. Shes great. I wish she was the pricipal. But i have no clue why some people ga e thos school 5 stars...their kids must be the favorites of the class.

Posted November 19, 2010
I am so glad to see that we are not the only family having trouble. My nephew started there last year and it was a disaster. His parents reluctantly enrolled him again this year - what a mistake they have been kicking themselves over every day since. He's in tears all the time and there is no help coming from anywhere. We can't wait until this year is over and we can go somewhere else.

Posted November 10, 2010
When we started St Francis, we were very impressed; however, our opinion has deteriorated each and every year. While the overall environment is nice, there are more than a handful of teachers that are very low quality. This problem continues and worsens due to the complete lack of leadership from Mrs. Stevens the principal. Favoritism and yes, bullying, from the staff is running rampant and since there is no administrative control - it is ruining the school. St. Francis needs a change of control. Strong leadership will weed out the losers and put the school back on track. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Posted September 20, 2010
Hope that our experience improves and the academics become more challenging and the needs of students (whether they need enrichment or need challenges) are met appropriately.

St. Francis Cathedral School
528 Main St, Metuchen, NJ  08840
Last modified St. Francis Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Francis Cathedral School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top