9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Attending Christian Brothers Academy was the best decision I have made in my life. The school is not only tremendous academically and prepares its students extremely well for the rigors off college, but it instills life lessons that each student remembers forever. The discipline, relationship building, and competitve nature of attending a school with one-thousand males translates to the work place and develops leaders of the future.

Chirstian Brothers Academy is more than just a place for freshly minted middle school grads to continue the next four years of education. It is an institution which provides the impetus for young men to truly grow into hardworking and upstanding individuals. CBA exscels above the rest, because it provides a challenging enviroment full of dedicated teachers and admits only motivated students who have proven they have what it takes. It is a unique school with a strong commitment to academic achievement, athletic ability and personal growth. The success of its' alumni, dating back over 50 years is a testament to what sets it apart from public schools and private schools alike. Make no mistake, four years at CBA is no walk in the park. As an incoming Freshman you are tested on summer reading, and you will take part in the Freshman run, a class wide tradition truly unique to the school. You will be challenged with honors & AP courses, and motivated to work harder than you have before. It would be wrong to forget the wonderful campus that CBA is based on. With nearly 153 acres, the school provides ample space for all extracurriculur activites and athletic events.

I attended CBA for four years while living in Eatontown and graduated in 1984. The current principal, Mr. Santanello, was 1 of 2 Vice-Principals at that time. My freshman year was quite an adjustment from my 8th Grade at a Catholic School due to the significant increase in homework. My sophomore and junior years were also quite academically challenging. My senior year was noticeably easier but this is probably the case with most high schools. I highly recommend CBA. My only concern in retrospect was I thought the school could have done more to help me develop social skills. When I began my freshman year, I had lived in three different towns the three previous years. My parents for some reason sought help from our local public school system after school hours to address this issue. I am not sure help was available at that time from CBA. If your child is well set socially given this is an all-boys school, I can't think of a better place in central NJ than CBA. One Santanello story: I once was removed by him from homeroom after running into the classroom to beat the bell. Only one foot beat the bell and he held me accountable. I have rarely been late for anything since.

I attended this school in 1967. I was beaten and slapped around by Brother Paul in Latin class almost daily as were other students. If I was called on in class and didn't know the answer I was slapped punched or pushed. Other Brothers also did this but not like Brother Paul. I had to transfer to Asbury Park H.S. but it affected me. When I was called upon to read in class I would get so nervous that I couldn't speak. That followed through college at Monmouth and even into Highway Patrol school in Fla. No one should go through what I went through.

If you have a son....you MUST send him to CBA! It is the best school!

I graduated from Christina Brothers Academy in 2005. In my opinion, this high school prepared me for college in a way I could not have imagined. There is no doubt that the education I received while attending CBA was crucial to my success at Loyola College in addition to my professional career. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone looking at high schools in the Central New Jersey area.

Best school academically and athletically in New Jersey. Teachers are very passionate about what they do and care about each and every student. A great 4 years at this college prep school. It significantly helped me prepare for life and to get into the college I attended.

Absolutely the bst high school in the area. The values that are instilled here are unmatched.

This school, being my first choice, is a huge difference from a co-ed and public grammar school. However, I feel that it will, inevitably, help me get into any college, more so than any public school I could have gone to.

I graduated from this school in 2002, and when I got to college, I felt completely prepared for the coursework, and excelled in my work. I consider my education at CBA to have been extremely valuable in my personal development.

Last modified Christian Brothers Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12