Posted July 27, 2014
I was going to write this long, thought-out review, but to sum it up, just make sure you went to the grammar school tied to it: St. Mary's. Honestly, if you didn't, you're at a disadvantage, academically, socially, and even athletically. Personally, I'd already learned everything Mater Dei had to offer, making my freshman year a waste -- and they're still making me take freshman history at my new school as a sophomore. Everyone's already known each other, so you should hope your child can make friends with the St. Mary's kids fast, though that's pretty hard to do if you don't have an older child already there. The coaches even know the St. Mary's kids beforehand and start them instead of other kids due to that fact. Sensing a pattern? Bluntly put, my education went to the toilet, and I really couldn't be happier that I moved after my freshman year. I really hope this gets through to you. Thanks for reading.

Posted February 20, 2014
IMBASEDCANT LIFE PHIL CANT GOES THERE NOW WHY THIS CRUEL WORLD MAKES HIM LEAVE HIS OLD SCHOOL TO GO TO THIS. MAITER DEI. THEY EVEN SPELT DAY WRONG. REALLY NOW DAY... ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU TREAT MR. CANT WITH RESPECT AND HONOR BECAUSE HE IS LEGIT.

Posted January 07, 2014
Mater Dei Prep has definitely upped their game. Each student receives a laptop. The classes are well taught. The school is very small and religion is a big part of the curriculum. This school has definitely prepared my child for college. Other schools such as SJV, RBC, and CBA can't compare. Mater Dei Prep in my opinion is the most superior Catholic Preparatory school in all of Monmouth County. If you want your child to have a great high school experience and a superior education consider sending your child to Mater Dei Prep.

Posted March 07, 2013
This school was a monumental waste of money, morality, and education. If you compare the academics to SJV, RBC, RBR, MN, MS, RHS, they simply cannot offer the same level of advanced classes as any of these public or private schools. I am an alumni of this place and refuse to give 1 penny to this failed institution. This school fails to show any competitive advantage to the afforementioned schools besides student/Teacher ratio, and any teacher worth their weight has already left for other Parochial or public school where Meritocracy is valued above Cronyism.

Mater Dei Prep High School 2

Posted June 04, 2012
This is a very small school. If your child is not part of the "in" crowd they will not like it here. As far as the teaching goes they are okay, but for the price I would send my child to SJV or RBC instead. They are bigger and better staffed schools. There are a lot of kids in this school with learning disorders and those who had problems fitting in to other schools. The staff plays favorites with certain kids. It really is a very insular community here and if you aren't one of the players (aka teacher, coach or staff) your child will not get far.

Posted June 12, 2010
Just like with anything else in life, Mater Dei is what you make of it. It has a small but dedicated staff who go that extra mile. We have been late with payments here and there and have NEVER found the office staff to be rude or condescending. They actually have worked with us over the years. One of our children graduated from MD and is now in college. Our other child is presently enrolled at MDHS. Our experiences there have been WONDERFUL!

Posted June 09, 2010
This is the second year in this school and my last. I have seen favoritism one too many times and the office staff are rude and condescending. There are about 3 good teachers but the rest can't teach.

Posted May 20, 2010
This school has a lazy administration and guidance staff, if you could call it that. No one really does anything all day, and the teachers fail you unless you donate a lot of money to the school. There are no rules or deadlines. The school's enrollment has decreased to under 300 and will inevitably close.

Posted May 01, 2010
The school is wonderful. The teachers are caring and concerned for every student. They have put in place many programs for accelerated college studies. College placements are very strong.

Posted March 29, 2010

Mater Dei Prep High School
538 Church Street, Middletown, NJ  07748
Last modified Mater Dei Prep High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Mater Dei Prep High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top