9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I love Mater Dei! I'm at the school now and so far it's almost like Paradise. The Campus is beautiful, the staff is kind and understanding, 9-12th grades coexist with each other, and it is very Catholic! We have a Chapel, Religious pictures and statues throughout the school, and a Jesuit-based retreat for Juniors and Seniors. Also a few students go to the Youth Group called Lifeteen which believes in having a living Relationship with Jesus. I would recommend this place to any 8th Grader, it's a great 4 year experience!

I was going to write this long, thought-out review, but to sum it up, just make sure you went to the grammar school tied to it: St. Mary's. Honestly, if you didn't, you're at a disadvantage, academically, socially, and even athletically. Personally, I'd already learned everything Mater Dei had to offer, making my freshman year a waste -- and they're still making me take freshman history at my new school as a sophomore. Everyone's already known each other, so you should hope your child can make friends with the St. Mary's kids fast, though that's pretty hard to do if you don't have an older child already there. The coaches even know the St. Mary's kids beforehand and start them instead of other kids due to that fact. Sensing a pattern? Bluntly put, my education went to the toilet, and I really couldn't be happier that I moved after my freshman year. I really hope this gets through to you. Thanks for reading.

IMBASEDCANT LIFE PHIL CANT GOES THERE NOW WHY THIS CRUEL WORLD MAKES HIM LEAVE HIS OLD SCHOOL TO GO TO THIS. MAITER DEI. THEY EVEN SPELT DAY WRONG. REALLY NOW DAY... ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU TREAT MR. CANT WITH RESPECT AND HONOR BECAUSE HE IS LEGIT.

Mater Dei Prep has definitely upped their game. Each student receives a laptop. The classes are well taught. The school is very small and religion is a big part of the curriculum. This school has definitely prepared my child for college. Other schools such as SJV, RBC, and CBA can't compare. Mater Dei Prep in my opinion is the most superior Catholic Preparatory school in all of Monmouth County. If you want your child to have a great high school experience and a superior education consider sending your child to Mater Dei Prep.

This school was a monumental waste of money, morality, and education. If you compare the academics to SJV, RBC, RBR, MN, MS, RHS, they simply cannot offer the same level of advanced classes as any of these public or private schools. I am an alumni of this place and refuse to give 1 penny to this failed institution. This school fails to show any competitive advantage to the afforementioned schools besides student/Teacher ratio, and any teacher worth their weight has already left for other Parochial or public school where Meritocracy is valued above Cronyism.

This is a very small school. If your child is not part of the "in" crowd they will not like it here. As far as the teaching goes they are okay, but for the price I would send my child to SJV or RBC instead. They are bigger and better staffed schools. There are a lot of kids in this school with learning disorders and those who had problems fitting in to other schools. The staff plays favorites with certain kids. It really is a very insular community here and if you aren't one of the players (aka teacher, coach or staff) your child will not get far.

Just like with anything else in life, Mater Dei is what you make of it. It has a small but dedicated staff who go that extra mile. We have been late with payments here and there and have NEVER found the office staff to be rude or condescending. They actually have worked with us over the years. One of our children graduated from MD and is now in college. Our other child is presently enrolled at MDHS. Our experiences there have been WONDERFUL!

This is the second year in this school and my last. I have seen favoritism one too many times and the office staff are rude and condescending. There are about 3 good teachers but the rest can't teach.

This school has a lazy administration and guidance staff, if you could call it that. No one really does anything all day, and the teachers fail you unless you donate a lot of money to the school. There are no rules or deadlines. The school's enrollment has decreased to under 300 and will inevitably close.

The school is wonderful. The teachers are caring and concerned for every student. They have put in place many programs for accelerated college studies. College placements are very strong.

Last modified Mater Dei Prep High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12