PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted February 06, 2016
Saint Mary School is a wonderful, well - rounded school. The community environment is so comforting and the academics are high. I have friends in the public school and the academics are the same or harder. There is a good amount of homework every night. The difference here is the teachers are not teaching for the "state tests", they are teaching so the kids can truly learn. They are not here for the teachers salary. They are here because they love what they do and believe in a solid academic education with a strong Catholic foundation without all the red tape. The teachers and administration are warm but strict which in this day and age, I want a lot of discipline. We don't have to worry about middle school and having to be with hundreds of new kids as our childen will be with the same 40-50 kids for 8 years and all the families and parents know each other so there is a feeling of comfort there. They have tons of sports and activities some starting in kindergarten. I know that paying for school is a tough pill to swallow sometimes but it's all about whats best for each family.

Posted May 29, 2015
St. Mary's has exceeded my expectations. Last year I started my daughter in Little Chief in Holmdel and after 2 weeks in I decided to pull her out. I just felt the "learn through play" method was a joke and there was no structure. I understand playing is important but so much time was wasted there. We were welcome with open arms into Mrs. Hargrove's Pre-K class Mon-Fri 800am-1200pm. In two weeks I had a new daughter. I had a daughter who developed a love for learning, and who wanted to keep working on things when she came home from school. My daughter went from scribbling to developing a real talent for art. Mrs. Hargrove sees each student as a whole and addresses all of their needs without any hesitation. My daughter wasn't always the best at befriending kids who are different from herself and Mrs. Hargrove changed that completely. My daughter only turned 4 on August 30 so I wasn't sure if I would have to repeat pre-k this year. Not with having Mrs. Hargrove...she can write her full name perfectly along with many other words without help. She knows all of her letters upper and lower case along with all of the sounds. And she is reading short books! Not only has my daughter made friends for life but I have as well. Not being from here I wasn't sure if I was ever going to find that and after 6 years of living here I finally did. The icing on the cake was we paid less money a month at St. Marys for 5 half days than we did for 3 half days at Little Chief and after seeing some of my daughter's old friends from that school she is leaps and bounds ahead of them thanks to Mrs. Hargrove.

Posted October 21, 2010
I love St Mary's because my kids recieve a quality education and are taught how to think. Not what to think. I also like the regimented atmosphere, not flip flops and belly rings. It is my job to teach my child not the state, and thankfully St Marys is there to assist me

St Marys School 3

Posted November 25, 2009
My son attended St. Mary's last year. We had intended to keep him there through 8th grade. I wasn't happy with the K program or the administration. I was very nervous about going to our local public school but i am very happy now that we made the change. The class size is 20 compared to 27 in K and the work is surprisingly harder. The teachers are more experienced and differentiate instruction which is key in the primary grades. At St. Mary's there were no reading groups so everyone did the same.

Posted October 04, 2009
The close knit unit our children experience!

Posted March 07, 2009
My son attends school at St Mary and I just couldn't be more pleased with the school. The teachers are dedicated to helping each child thrive, and the school spirit is uplifting.

Posted May 29, 2008
I love st. mary's and i am actually a graduate this year. I have had so many good times.

Posted July 24, 2007
I initially entered my child in St. Mary's for the full day kindergarten and was going to send her to public school for the first grade. Needless to say, we've re-enrolled her!! She loves it there! It offers a warm, family oriented environment that is so important today, and we're extremely comfortable knowing she's there. Highly recommended!

Posted June 26, 2007
Saint Mary School is a wonderful school. the teachers and the staff are dedicated. The school spirit is high. They offer a variety of after school programs for the students. SMS has a huge campus. Students may begin at age 3 and continue on through High School at Mater Dei. This just shows how well everyone knows each other. They have a great after care program for working parents run by the teachers in the school. The PTA invites all parents to join and help out which is a great way to meet others and stay involved in your child's school. The curriculum is so solid that my children were reading in kindergarten. SMS also offers a discount for siblings and not many other area schools do such. I am so pleased with SMS that after being a parent at this school for six years, I decided to become a teacher here. Highly recommend!

Posted June 26, 2007
Saint Mary's is a wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated and the school spirit is high. SMS boasts nice class sizes as well as a variety of after school programs to keep the children interested in learning. I appreciate the sibling discounts. Our parents are very involved and it shows. The school community is dedicated to the education of it's students. Our students may begin classes at age 2 1/2 and stay all the way through High School at Mater Dei. We even have a wonderful after school program for working parents, run by the teachers in the school.

538 Church Street, Middletown, NJ  07748