PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

All of my children went to Saint Mary's and I can honestly say, what a waste of money! Most of the teachers show no interest. This school is not what it used to be many years ago! We switched our three children to public school and they couldn't be happier! They have excelled academically and socially! CCD is where it's at for us. I just wish we made the change sooner. God bless!

It's a GREAT Day to be a Saint! I cannot even begin to put into words how special this school is, but here's a shot....... My daughter started in the 5 Full Day Pre-K program at SMS. She is now entering 3rd Grade. We have encountered nothing but wonderful (and extremely underpaid) teachers, instructional aides, support staff, and parents. The School and Parish community are wonderful! Our kids get to love, they get to pray, and they get to learn everyday how to be good people in addition to their curriculum (BONUS: they also get to learn script so they know how to do grown up things like sign a check or maybe even a contract or an autograph). We have approximately 300 families and 500 students who make the financial sacrifice to send their children here. We also focus on finding the good in every situation and try to remember that good spell check, grammar and honesty are important! Good reviews-bad reviews.......come and see for yourself why IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A SAINT!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

This school is not what I expected at all. They claim to be compassionate and caring but it's all an act! The teachers pick favorites and the rest fall behind. The assistant teachers lack education and are verbally and physically abusive. The principal acts like he cares until he is approached with such a problem and then he sides with the teachers to protect the schools reputation as well as his own. They favor families that donate the most money. The kids are way behind those in public schools and my child learned more from me then in this school. The teachers are spiteful if you question any of their actions! The parents are in fear of saying anything as they do not want to "stir the pot"! Many secrets in this school and it's a shame they claim to follow the ways of our Lord!

We sent our daughter to preschool at St. Mary's and just fell in love with the school and community. We decided it would be a great place for her to spend her elementary school years. The teachers at the school truly care about each child, and the community & school spirit are wonderful. We are very happy that we chose this school for our children. Catholic schools have it all!

Have seen tremendous progress in my 3 yrs old and many good behavioral changes once she started going to this school..

Saint Mary School is a wonderful, well - rounded school. The community environment is so comforting and the academics are high. I have friends in the public school and the academics are the same or harder. There is a good amount of homework every night. The difference here is the teachers are not teaching for the "state tests", they are teaching so the kids can truly learn. They are not here for the teachers salary. They are here because they love what they do and believe in a solid academic education with a strong Catholic foundation without all the red tape. The teachers and administration are warm but strict which in this day and age, I want a lot of discipline. We don't have to worry about middle school and having to be with hundreds of new kids as our childen will be with the same 40-50 kids for 8 years and all the families and parents know each other so there is a feeling of comfort there. They have tons of sports and activities some starting in kindergarten. I know that paying for school is a tough pill to swallow sometimes but it's all about whats best for each family.

St. Mary's has exceeded my expectations. Last year I started my daughter in Little Chief in Holmdel and after 2 weeks in I decided to pull her out. I just felt the "learn through play" method was a joke and there was no structure. I understand playing is important but so much time was wasted there. We were welcome with open arms into Mrs. Hargrove's Pre-K class Mon-Fri 800am-1200pm. In two weeks I had a new daughter. I had a daughter who developed a love for learning, and who wanted to keep working on things when she came home from school. My daughter went from scribbling to developing a real talent for art. Mrs. Hargrove sees each student as a whole and addresses all of their needs without any hesitation. My daughter wasn't always the best at befriending kids who are different from herself and Mrs. Hargrove changed that completely. My daughter only turned 4 on August 30 so I wasn't sure if I would have to repeat pre-k this year. Not with having Mrs. Hargrove...she can write her full name perfectly along with many other words without help. She knows all of her letters upper and lower case along with all of the sounds. And she is reading short books! Not only has my daughter made friends for life but I have as well. Not being from here I wasn't sure if I was ever going to find that and after 6 years of living here I finally did. The icing on the cake was we paid less money a month at St. Marys for 5 half days than we did for 3 half days at Little Chief and after seeing some of my daughter's old friends from that school she is leaps and bounds ahead of them thanks to Mrs. Hargrove.

I love St Mary's because my kids recieve a quality education and are taught how to think. Not what to think. I also like the regimented atmosphere, not flip flops and belly rings. It is my job to teach my child not the state, and thankfully St Marys is there to assist me

My son attended St. Mary's last year. We had intended to keep him there through 8th grade. I wasn't happy with the K program or the administration. I was very nervous about going to our local public school but i am very happy now that we made the change. The class size is 20 compared to 27 in K and the work is surprisingly harder. The teachers are more experienced and differentiate instruction which is key in the primary grades. At St. Mary's there were no reading groups so everyone did the same.

The close knit unit our children experience!

Last modified St Marys School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8