Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I cannot rave enough about Neighborhood House Nursery School. My son started school there last September, petrified to go to school, after some difficult experiences at other area preschools. The director, Jennifer Langan, and the teachers, (all of whom have been there for a long time, are highly experienced, and care deeply about the children), confidently guided us through a healing experience for his separation and school fears. He is now in his second year there, and he absolutely LOVES school and adores his teachers. My daughter goes there as well, and is also benefiting from the exceptionally warm, playful environment. I wanted a play based program for my kids since I know that the research supports this approach. Also, as a psychologist myself, I wanted attention to social and emotional development. I've been pleased with my kids' social, emotional, and cognitive development as a result of attending NHNS. Without much effort, simply through play and personal attention, my kids have learned: the alphabet, early reading skills, how to hold and use a pair of scissors, how to hold a pencil the correct way while writing, to communicate confidently with adults and peers, how to garden (there's a community garden out back!), and more. I attribute many of these skills to their exceptional experience at NHNS.

All four of my children attended Neighborhood House Nursery in Millburn. They offer an outstanding, comprehensive program with access to the community garden, numerous field trips within walking distance, and the most flexible scheduling of any school around to meet any families needs. Not to mention that it is super competitive with regard to cost. The teachers are experts in child development, nurturing, and just lovely with the children. I feel so fortunate my children had that experience as their first school experience. Highly recommend!

Our daughter attends neighborhood house and is having a wonderful experience. All the teachers have been there a very long time and really care about the kids. The school was recommended by several friends and we feel very fortunate to have found it.

Last modified Neighborhood House Nursery School is a Private school that serves grade PK