Bad
Good

I'm going to start freshman year at UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL , but I would love to get to know more about this school . I've heard it's a very good and respectable school to attend .

My experience at uhs was the greatest! Like honestly the teachers care about you can the principal maybe strict but at least we are controlled. Im currently in all honor class, and they are very challeging! I believe that this school is one of the best in newark!

My experience at this school these past two years have been honestly hard to believe. While I applied, i was told that UHS was a "terrific" high school and that I would be challenged to out-perform others. Turns out, intellectual competition is saddening for a "GREAT" school and not many care about what grades they recieve. We are "the best" and yet the rest of the students do not seem to make the effort to become the best. -A current sophomore

I've been a student at University High School for two years, and it's honestly a sub par excuse for 'acclaimed' learning institution. Our students may out-perform other Newark schools but we have very little intellectual competition. University will get you through to your senior year, and maybe you'll get into a satisfactory college. What other aspirations could a Newark student have? Not the best that New Jersey has to offer.

My daughter goes here and she love it. Everyday she comes home with good news.

My child graduated as an excellent student from University High School and turned out to be an amazing, well-rounded, community-minded and responsible person. I would recommend University to any parent.

I am an alumni of University High School and have been there from my freshman year. I can honestly say that the experience was terrific. It is a comfortable environment and and the teachers are always willing to work with their students. There is no reason why a student should fail with all the help thpprovipprovided

I am a senior at university throughout my previous year it has challenge me. I would recommend this school to anyone. Staffs are willing to help and this school have a big selection of honors and advance placement classes. At University you will always have fun and be challenged at the same time. Although you may recieve alot of homework and classwork it all pays off

I am currently a junior at UHS. I've been here since 7th grade. I've been watching this school grow in the hands of Roger Leon and plunge in the hands of Claude Bey. It is not the fault of our principal however, he just lacks the strength that Leon had to challenge most of the stubborn ignorance parading our corridors today. Majority of the teachers are great and they actually care. We have an awesome Math and English department. We are probably lacking in the Science department but we more than make up for it.

I am the proud parent of a sophomore. Thus far, the school is wonderful. My daughter has some struggles her freshman year, but that was to be expected. The curriculum is very challenging which makes for great learning. My decision to send her to University H.S. was the right choice. She will reep the benefits at graduation.

Last modified University High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.