9-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted May 07, 2014
North star middle school is great!I'm a student at northstar middle school.This school has helped me in a way other schools coundn't do.The teachers helps us understand and I know that they want us to do great things with the world.Our lit teachers shows us words that are stronger words but mean the same things as ex:sad,mad,happy,like,said,etc.

West Side High School 3

Posted June 17, 2013
As You read from the reviews below, Most kids From 2010 and up will say its a bad school, and students before 2010 may say its a decent school with exception from the bad prinicipal they had. But in my opinion, i dont think the school in general is bad, its just the students that acts up. If you look at the student & Teachers tab, then click teachers, you will see that west side has 1058 and thats 20 students per teacher. That is a lot of students per teacher, and i believe some student is not getting the most attention and help that they need. This school could be better, but the reputation is just horrible. The only reason im at west side, is because i moved from another district, and it was to late to apply for another school, so i am here temporary, currently with a 3.0 Average. Then will transffer next year. Not because You're in westside, it gives you a reason to start failing because of the bad reputation. Its really not that bad and if You as a Student apply yourself, you can come out really succesful out of westside. Together We rise, Together we fall, Together w win, Winner Takes all!

Posted August 12, 2011
Let me tell you something about West Side High school, its not a horrible school, the school cant be horrible, its the student that's making it bad, they the one that cant sustain. I mean seriously we have some good teachers that will help you and staffs and others. The only way you can be successful is that to keep your head up and don't follow other students that are doing the wrong thing and you'll get to the top as long as you stay focus.

West Side High School 0

Posted April 09, 2010
This school is horrible !!!!! A Message for all parents ... Dont let your kids attend this school. Trust me because I am curretly a senior here and I've been attending this school for 3 years. Your kids will hate this school. All they are going to go through is drama, drama, and more drama. If you have a daughter you better hope she dont come out pregnant. In every one of my classes there is a pregnant girl and thats a shame how stupid enough girls here are to let themselves get pregnant by these little boys in this school that cant even pass their classes with a decent grade. Im just one of the smart ones that has completed all my high school years without getting pregnant. Oh an the new principle Dr. West is horrible also. He gives out detentions and suspentions for the dumbest reasons. Ugh !

Posted November 11, 2009

Posted October 24, 2009

Posted November 13, 2008
As a student of West Side High School 09' This school is a horrible place to be. The Principal rules with an iron fist now, but not before the school is outta hand and most teachers don't get the respect they need. Students altogether are in the term 'stupid' and I am sad to call my self a Roughrider.

West Side High School 2

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted July 18, 2008

Posted June 09, 2008

West Side High School
403 South Orange Ave, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified West Side High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Side High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top