9-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,058

Posted May 07, 2014
North star middle school is great!I'm a student at northstar middle school.This school has helped me in a way other schools coundn't do.The teachers helps us understand and I know that they want us to do great things with the world.Our lit teachers shows us words that are stronger words but mean the same things as ex:sad,mad,happy,like,said,etc.

West Side High School 3

Posted June 17, 2013
As You read from the reviews below, Most kids From 2010 and up will say its a bad school, and students before 2010 may say its a decent school with exception from the bad prinicipal they had. But in my opinion, i dont think the school in general is bad, its just the students that acts up. If you look at the student & Teachers tab, then click teachers, you will see that west side has 1058 and thats 20 students per teacher. That is a lot of students per teacher, and i believe some student is not getting the most attention and help that they need. This school could be better, but the reputation is just horrible. The only reason im at west side, is because i moved from another district, and it was to late to apply for another school, so i am here temporary, currently with a 3.0 Average. Then will transffer next year. Not because You're in westside, it gives you a reason to start failing because of the bad reputation. Its really not that bad and if You as a Student apply yourself, you can come out really succesful out of westside. Together We rise, Together we fall, Together w win, Winner Takes all!

Posted August 12, 2011
Let me tell you something about West Side High school, its not a horrible school, the school cant be horrible, its the student that's making it bad, they the one that cant sustain. I mean seriously we have some good teachers that will help you and staffs and others. The only way you can be successful is that to keep your head up and don't follow other students that are doing the wrong thing and you'll get to the top as long as you stay focus.

Posted April 09, 2010
This school is horrible !!!!! A Message for all parents ... Dont let your kids attend this school. Trust me because I am curretly a senior here and I've been attending this school for 3 years. Your kids will hate this school. All they are going to go through is drama, drama, and more drama. If you have a daughter you better hope she dont come out pregnant. In every one of my classes there is a pregnant girl and thats a shame how stupid enough girls here are to let themselves get pregnant by these little boys in this school that cant even pass their classes with a decent grade. Im just one of the smart ones that has completed all my high school years without getting pregnant. Oh an the new principle Dr. West is horrible also. He gives out detentions and suspentions for the dumbest reasons. Ugh !

West Side High School 1

Posted November 13, 2008
As a student of West Side High School 09' This school is a horrible place to be. The Principal rules with an iron fist now, but not before the school is outta hand and most teachers don't get the respect they need. Students altogether are in the term 'stupid' and I am sad to call my self a Roughrider.

Posted January 06, 2008
West Side High school is an excellent school for business minded students to attend. Their you will learn the reality of society. You can continue your education anywhere with a West Side High diploma.

West Side High School 1

Posted September 27, 2007
As a new parent to West Side High (Newark, as a whole) I am definitely not impressed. Instead I am appalled at the behaviors of the administration in place. For one the guidance department does not offer guidance at all. My daughter has been to this department numerous times for help only to be either ignored or told to come back. I myself have called for various reasons and have been met with attitudes. This school is very unorganized and needs to be revamped on a whole. I also think the staff needs attitude training. Not every child that comes in is accustomed to negative behavior and cannot wait until my daughter either tests out or graduates.

Posted February 15, 2005
I am a graduate from the class of 2004 at West Side High school. West Side HIgh school is a very fun and enjoyable school to attend. The teachers can sometimes lack off in responsibilty but you as the student and parent must make sure it doesnt happen. I attend Delaware State University as a freshmen. In Mr. Williams case he is a very good principal and blessing for West Side to have as a principal. I truly appreciated him and the safety he had for the students. My dislike of Mr.Williams is the agreement to cancel West Side High Marching Band. Mr. Williams just don't know that the band is like a home for the studnets after school its positive to do and fun because of me being in the band at WSH I receieve a band scholarship at DSU.

West Side High School 4

Posted January 27, 2005
West Side High has provided me with the proper foundation which has allowed me to prosper in my educational career. I graduated from West Side in June of 2002, and I entered a four year college in September of 2002. When I first entered college I was very nervous, because I have heard a lot of critics stating that West Side High does not prepare students for college. However, when I took my entrance exam, I score on college level, I have never received a failing grade, and I am a very competent student. Furthermore, I have also been on the Deans List every semester since I have been a student in college. Education/school is an element of life, and life is what you make it to be. Note Parents with low expectations have children with low expectations. My major is Math/ Education and I am very successful.

West Side High School 2

Posted January 16, 2005
The Principal of West Side high needs to get a grip these are teenagers not people in the army. He needs to learn how to ease up on these students. The acedemic programs are the lowest of low and they currently have no Marching Band. I know plenty parents that do not participate in any involvement with west side and never plan on it. Mr. williams just need to ease up and maybe he will get some support from Staff and student.

403 South Orange Ave, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified West Side High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Side High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top