PK-8 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Louise A. Spencer Elementary School

Posted August 22, 2007
My daughter was a 3rd grader at spencer. Her first teacher had a attitude problem, and was disrespecting my 9 year old. The second teacher was much nicer. Mr brown the princeable of the school seem to care a great deal for the students, as well as the parents concerns. They didn't bring enough homework home, and when they did it was so poorley printing the child couldn't even read it. There were no after scholl activites..Ie soccor baseball cheerleading, music..Etc. And they also had to many unnessary days off from school. I would not recomend to school to any parent no matter what the grade of ther child is.

Posted October 22, 2006
I moved to pa. This year only to find out my daughter was so far behind. Its like she learned nothing. The principal was great. But you need more than that.

Posted October 12, 2006
This so really needs a lot of work. To live in a neighborhood that is unsafe but to send your young child to this school is even worst. There is to much violence in this school most of the students are really out of control. And the Authority figures act just like the kids. How can a teacher come teach a class with cleavage hanging out of her blouse what kind of example are you setting for our children.

Louise A. Spencer Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2006
Prior to going to Louise A. Spencer, my son attended a nearby Charter School. While the Charter School did not meet my expectations, Louise A. Spencer exceeded what I expected. Mr. Brown the Principal is great; he has a good relationship with the students and seems to have a handle on what is going on within the school. While I had previously considered putting my son in another Charter School, I hesitate because I have not found one that offers any extracurricular activities. While education is important, socialization is equally important as well in raising a well rounded child.

Louise A. Spencer Elementary School 5

Posted December 24, 2004
This school was great for my son. he made alot of friends and even though I felt that his math teacher wasnt much help to him, but in the other subjects he did very well in. and also I love Mrs Bowman. thats my girl. I rate this school a 5 on a scale of 1 to 5. thanks Spencer!

Louise A. Spencer Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
Mr. Brown and his vice princs are grate. Mrs. Hankerson and Miss Powell was the best. They realy work my grandson and he came out with a lot more. I would rate them a 5 o n a scale of 1 to 5.

Posted June 20, 2003
Dumb unlicensed not certified teachers! A teacher there actually told my child that something had drawed up . Drawed? I thought it was drew or had drawn. Same teacher says a mice instead of a mouse. She actually has her own class!

Louise A. Spencer Elementary School
66 Muhammad Ali Avenue, Newark, NJ  07108
Last modified Louise A. Spencer Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louise A. Spencer Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top