Newark, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted September 14, 2013
Ironbound Catholic Academy is a wonderful school! It is a small school with a bigger school moral than much larger educational institutes. Its small size allows for a much more personal experience for the students. Faculty treat their students as their own children while keeping educational goals intact.

Posted October 10, 2009
This school is an awesome academic wise. The student that surround the enviorment are so helpful and were a big help for me during my acdemic years there. I would recomend any student to go there because its a school to start children out onto their road to success.

Posted September 01, 2009
I would have easily given them a five star except for the fact that they do not have any extra curriculum programs. Otherthan that, the school is excellent...worth every dime. I am moving and pray that I'll find a school of equal quality. The kids are disciplined, respectful, care for each other and socially very advanced. They teach them to be God fearing. The academics are very competitive.

Posted June 10, 2009
My daughter attended Kindergarden at I.C.A. I thought her teacher was sweet yet meant business as well. My daughter was overall fond of her teacher and that is important. I felt she came a long way in the school and learned a bunch. She learned her prayers too which was nice. I only sent my daughter because my school in my neighborhood doesn't have full-time Kindergarden. I did have a chance to visit my daughter's new school and in comparrison to this school when it comes to a facility, well there just isn't any. As my 5 year old put it, 'we don't even have a play area, it's a parking lot'. I think this school should consider investing some of it's cash in broadning the after school care and activities to make it a well rounded and balanced experienced for the students.

Posted February 17, 2009

Ironbound Catholic Academy 3

Posted February 15, 2009
I'm a student at I.C.A. and I truly like this school. There are a few problems but nothing is perfect. There are no After School Activities but the President of student Council is starting to make clubs in which children can join. There are favorite students but everyone can be a favorite if you try your hardest. Many Children like this school , homework isn't problem , teachers are just prepairing children for life. Life isn't easy , and I.C.A. truly helps you to accomplish life.

Ironbound Catholic Academy 0

Posted February 07, 2009
My kids attend this school, its a good school but needs some improvemnt. Some of the teachers have there favorite students and the rest of the students get the short end of the stick. there is to much homework given and it does take away from family time. there is no after school activities for the kids. The teachers do know all the childrens name which is a plus and when you leave your child you know there are safe. I wish they would have some after school activities like basketball, girl and boy scout,cheerleading something the kids can enjoy and when they do any type of programs or activities during school they would let all children participate not only the few chosen ones.

Posted July 21, 2008

Posted June 27, 2008
good school but a lot of homework in the begining of school year but in the end of the school every slow homework

Ironbound Catholic Academy 1

Posted September 24, 2004
I used to sing this schools praises until I realized the emotional damage done by some of the teachers in St. Casimir's since my child left. The teachers use exessive homework as punishment and yelling at the children as a form of communication. I don't know if the teachers just get tired and send remaining work home passed off as homework but they need to their jobs and stop cutting into family time. I am all for homework as reinforcement but not as punishments. Unfortunately, the principal will always side with her teachers so there is no reaching a compromise. A few of older teachers are fantastic, they are more settled when it comes to dealing with the children but the young teachers leave alot to be desired. The emotional baggage my child has to unload from this school is unbelievable. It's time to wake up and clean house.

Ironbound Catholic Academy
366 East Kinney Street, Newark, NJ  07102
Last modified Ironbound Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Ironbound Catholic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top