Bad
Good

school sucks.... academics not up to depart child has been going for years and said every day to teachers doesn't teach him nothing. Would not recommend anyone to send a child to school. children are now leaving this year would have never enrolled them in there.... -loving parent

My daughter has been in this charter school since kindergarten and now she's in the seventh grade. She's been a honor roll student ever since she been there. I think this is a fantastic school and I wish she was able to go all the way through and graduate from high school at Marion P Thomas Charter

MPTCS has well-behaved students,a and the school has very high expectations for behaviors. This matters a great deal. Staff fluctuates a lot as teachers are underpaid, and the climate of the school is poor. Some teachers are shown favoritism, and administration executes any and all ideas that come to mind.

This school has less than pragmatic administrative policies relating to dropping and picking up students. The policies makers seem not to care about parents and the staff except most of the teaching staff members are less than accommodating. The administrative staff seem confused 90% of the time. Academically okay for a charter school if it is close to your homes.

Marion P. Thomas Charter School provides a great learning experience for the primary grades. My children learned to read, write and do math above their own potential. The primary grade teachers are excellent. With my busy schedule I haven't been able to do as much as I would like. This school year I plan to do more.

I've taught int he Newark Public Schools on a per diem basis, and have seen it ALL! the Marion P. Thomas Charter School is in fact the best elementary school I have ever taught at. The teachers are very professional and work together as a unit; always supportive of each other. The Principal is hands on and on top of every aspect, as is the administrative staff. The children are LEARNING. They are polite, protected, corrected, and loved. There is real HOPE at MTPCS, and I am so proud to be a part of it.

This school is a great !!! I love it because my son has learn so much . He is motivated to learn new things, he's in the honor roll and his grades are outstanding !!!

I rate this school a 5. Since my child attended this school she has made nothing less than honor roll, my child will be attending the 2nd grade in Sept. 2009....I love it

This is my sons first year in a Charter School and I have to say that Marion P Thomas is a great school. The teachers and staff are really helpful. They offer alot of programs to children who are in need of that extra help.

MPTCS. Wow where will I start? Dear parents, lways remember the grass is not greener on the other side. Please ask yourself many questions about what is more important about the school you want your child to attend because mptcs is not a good school at all for children with even a mild learning disability. The teachers are not sensitive to the childs needs, that pick and humiliate the childs' feelings. I know my child attends the school and we are not happy. Yes, I communicate with the school weekly and I help my son in all ways. Keep your child in public school they have more experience.

Last modified Marion P. Thomas Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.