Bad
Good

I have been a straight honor student at this school and has achieved many accomplishments with the help of the teachers. I am also a straight A student with only a minimum of 2 B's on my report card. The teacher a nice and loyal. Though this school does lack fun clubs and activities to do, they have a sucessful basketball team for both genders and many other sports and about 5 clubs. Also, because of this school, i surpassed my goals. I have been in this school since 1st grade and it has been wonderful, truly a great school. The educational system is easy to understand and the teachers make it worth learning. Truly a honor to be here.

My daughter was bullied at this school, it was reported and the teacher and principle decided to take no action. My daughter dreaded having to go to 4th grade next year. So we decided to move to just so we can change schools.

I think this school is really about appearance and does not really care for the students. On several occasion my son has complained about the teacher not letting him use the restroom. my kid usually does not want to go to school.

My daughter has been attending Horace Mann for 2 years now. We moved here in 2009. At first, she was uncomfortable in this school due to lack of making friends. But then she joined the chorus in school and it has made such a difference in her life. The chorus performs at Radio City and was even on TV! The chorus is great and it makes my daughter so happy to go to school.

My daughter started 4th grade this past September 2007. She came from a catholic school which I thought was good until 3rd grade when 17 out of 33 children had to go to summer school (ludicrous)!! At first I was concerned because she came from such a small school in comparison to Horace Mann, but I could not be happier. She loves her new school and so do I.

My Child transfered here from a private school, because he had an incompetent teacher at the private school. The teachers and administration worked with our child, his grades are up, he regained his self esteem. He is now looking forward to joining the HOrace Mann Orchestra, which is one of the finest around.

I find some comments disturbing. This school is GREAT, The principal is always ready to help and available, just as the office staff. I have seen other schools in North Bergen and Horace Mann is tha BEST

Horace Mann school is a great. The school is fairly large and the administrators manage to keep everything under control. The teachers are helpful and so is the staff.

I think it's sad that people only say negative things. Horace Mann School is a great school I have 3 children there. The Principal is always extremely helpful and available, I've shown up without appointments and he always makes time to listen and solve any problems. The teachres and office staff are great as well .

Unfortunately I don't have nice things to say about this school. The principle is not available to the parents. When there is an issue with the children or the teacher it is never addressed properly, it's always dismissed as if the issue was a nuisance rather than a problem to solve. So a lot of the parents get discourage and don't get involved with the school. In short you get a school with a lot of confused and angry parents.

Last modified Horace Mann No. 9 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.