K-5 & Ungraded
North Middletown, NJ

Posted March 05, 2014
I have two children in Ocean, 4th and 2nd. I was concerned about the low ranking of this school (4/10). To my delight, our experiences at Ocean have been wonderful. The teachers exceed my expectations. They are professional, accessible to parents and kids, polite, and enthusiastic. Principal Wilson goes above and beyond the call of duty. She is an asset to the school! My children are thriving. I wouldn't want them anywhere else at this point.

Posted February 01, 2012
A wonderful school. I had my 4 children go through Ocean Ave School and they all did great. 2 made the National Honor Society and 3 have or will graduate in th top 7% of their high school. I expect my 4 th child currently in 7th grade to follow suit. Nice job on building their educational foundation Ocean Ave!

Ocean Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted November 06, 2011
I have never had any problems with any staff at this school until this year. My children have gone here since kind. and now are in 3rd and 4th grade. Mrs. Wilbert (4th grade) is one of the most unprofessional bullies I have ever met. In no way should she have any interaction with children. She intimidated and screamed (actually more like growled) at my son until he was shaking and hysterical. No adult should ever speak to a child that way, much less a teacher. She is a bully and used intimidation as a scare tactic. She needs to either retire or be removed from her position. She chose the wrong child to pick on, and honestly if you are going to pick and choose which children you like and don't like, then why be a teacher? My son has never had any disciplinary problems, to the contrary, his teachers have always raved about what a delight he is in class. This woman single handedly took my son from loving school to being upset to go everyday. Congratulations Mrs. Wilbert on your 37 years of harassing children, you should be so proud.

Posted April 17, 2011
I have 2 children in this school, and they are both excelling. The teachers, student teachers and staff are amazing. Mrs. Wilson is a great addition as principal to this school.

Posted May 08, 2007
I am highly impressed with this school. The teachers truly love to teach, which is a rarity these days. I have two children in this school and both are excelling.

Posted November 22, 2006
- a former student

Ocean Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2006
Not a good school. Even at this age there have been issues with violence and drugs in the school.

Posted September 17, 2003
We moved to NJ two years ago, I am completely impressed with the school, the principal, the teachers and the overall excellent quality and care my children receive at Ocean Avenue Elementary School.

Ocean Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2003

Ocean Avenue Elementary School
235 Ocean Avenue, North Middletown, NJ  07748
Last modified Ocean Avenue Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top