5-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

A little known fact is that Barnstable Academy is a Naples Placement school choice. My child has thrived academically, socially and emotionally in this unique school environment. The entire staff and administration is always available to meet the needs of my child. They are able to change strategies quickly to help my child learn based on her individual needs. I am an active parent in helping the school fit to my child's way of learning. In other word I am a pest! But I am always received with open arms. My input is always acted upon. My child has improved academically in leaps and bounds in all areas. But what sets Barnstable above the rest is its ability to reduce school anxiety, improve self esteem and foster friendships. Barnstable Academy makes each child's individual academic experience a priority. I am grateful I found this school.

Barnstable Academy has been great for our daughter. She is very happy there and the small class rooms and warm, nurturing environment has been great for her. She is more motivated and confident in every way, which we value very much. A small school is not for everyone, but has been great for our daughter.

Barnstable Academy is a great school for people who can not excel in a public school environment. It is small and the scheduling is simple. The extracurricular activities give you an opportunity to find out what you like and open your eyes to talents you wouldn't have known about otherwise. however, Barnstable isn't a school for academically gifted students or students who excel in extracurricculars. Since most of the students who attend BA are students who need to be in a smaller environment in order to succeed, students who are great at academics are not as challenged as they could be. They try their hardest, but there is much room for improvement. There are no AP classes, and independent study is very rare. This also goes for the electives. Many of the electives are made for people to just find their interests. If a child is already talented in the arts or in sports, they will not be challenged by attending this school. It's great for a child who might not get an opportunity to participate in other schools, but not for students who would like to play the sport in college. Overall, Barnstable is a land of opportunity for people that need it.

My daughter has attended Barnstable Academy for four years and is in her last year. Coming from a large school where gifted students and special needs students receive the most attention, I felt my daughter was "falling through the cracks." After attending BA for only a short time, she blossomed, regained her confidence and succeeded far beyond any expectation. I can honestly say this is due to the amazing teaching staff who become mentors and truly care about each and every student. They work to help students achieve their top potential and are available 24/7 for help of any kind. The school offers wonderful physical education, art, drama and journalism electives and students become like a family. The environment is one of respect, nurturing, and growth and I feel extremely grateful that we had such an amazing alternative to public school!

My daughter attended Barnstable Academy from middle school throughout her high school years. Their unique teaching style enabled her to attain her high school diploma and she has gone on to studying direct health care at one of our schools. She will be interning at a local hospital in January as well as at a school for handicapped children. I cannot recomment Barnstable Academy highly enough for children whose learning style is someone different. The Administration and the Teaching staff are caring, professional and always responsive to parental input and concern.

My son is in his second year at Barnstable, it has been a great experience for him academically. He really enjoys his teachers, who are attentive, caring and always available to help. The small class size and extra help have been a great support for him.

Our daughter is in her second year at Barnstable. Not only does she love the school ~ she is thriving academically and socially. The benefits include small classes, extra help, but most importantly, the teachers are inspiration and passionate about about their work.

Our daughter just completed her 2nd year at Barnstable: she will be a senior next year. We have been exceptionally happy with the care and attention she has received at Barnstable. The teachers and administration have been exceptionally caring and helpful throughout the two years. On the eve of our daughter's first big Spanish exam, we got a phone call at home from the Spanish teaching asking if our daughter was feeling OK about the exam and he offered any help he could give so that she would study effectively. The Barnstable staff go above and beyond in their efforts to make school productive, supportive, and successful. Along with my wife and daughter, I have felt welcomed at Barnstable and I am very grateful that we found this exceptional school.

My child entered Barnstable in high school after performing poorly in our public school. He may never be an A student but he has his self-esteem back an is happy to go to school.

My 7th grader loves going to school every day. My husband and I are thrilled!

Last modified Barnstable Academy is a Private school that serves grades 5-12