PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

There is a racism going on.because some parents a lot are Latinos they get free admission for there kids they don't pay any school fees.but when I went to register my son we disn't get any information about free education.and when we try to ask they don't give you any information about it.but when my neighbour went to register her son she got it.and her son going to pre k for free..she said bcause she knows some one there.for us we were told school fees is $750 a month.

This school is getting worse and worse each day. The headmaster knows nothing of discipline or running a school. the schools inadequate faculty consists of biased teachers, an incompetent headmaster, a poor book keeper practically taking the weight off the entire schools shoulders, and a nice cleaning lady. Very little teaching goeson, during my attendance at this school I had three classes a day the entire year, the other five classes was filled with playing videogames in the school lounge with other seniors and juniors. I'm serious, the entire day was three irrelevant classes and five hours of eating snacks, cracking jokes, and playing GameCube. This was all allowed and praised by the headmaster, because she was still collecting a five figure check for every student in this adolescent daycare. The teachers traits run from racism, ti bias, to bitterness. Theschool is vindictive to those they don't like, and undeservingly rewarding to those they do like. Infact if the school were to see karma, it would catch bankruptcy via lawsuit for grade forgery, which is a norm here. Just ask recent alumni of the school, its ben on a downward spiral for the past five years, coming from a studen

Poor leadership, no proper guidance counseling, weak in math and science. Teachers are inexperienced and unprofessional. The school is not properly supervised or inspected by third parties. My parents were duped, and my education suffered greatly.

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!! Want poor education? You will definitely find it here at this mom & pop shop family business! I had an unfortunate two year sentence at this "school" and boy, do I wish I could take it back. I would've been so much farther with a public school curriculum. Being a student & having siblings in lower grades, I have the ability to state the truth of what happens behind the walls. 99% of the teachers are inadequate, juvenile, unprofessional & lazy. Either I was the only one in class or the teacher(s) never showed up to teach. I led the majority of the classes & found myself teaching other students. When you are the only person in your 12th grade class who knows the Pronoun Chart, that is a PROBLEM! Any diversity, academia, college prep, sports, activities, clubs are NONEXISTENT! Do not let this school's administration scam you into believing it provides a superb or even average level of education. Save your dollars & invest in a legitimate school that actually teaches. PLEASE, don't let your child be robbed of opportunities to learn, prosper & succeed. Suggestion: When searching for a school, make sure to ask a student or alumni their opinion.

I attended this school for a number of years and I can say that it will only bring your children down. The classes are untamed and disorganized. The teaching is atrocious and for a number of years they did not even have a science department. There is a large amount of bias in the school towards the children of board members or other school staff. When I left the school I had to play catch up for a number of years in order to grasp the same concepts that my new classmates had already mastered, and no this was not due to any type of fault on my part it was purely the lack of a proper education Collegiate School gave me. If I could say one thing I would advise all parents to save your money and send your child to your local public/ charter school or even another private school if the necessary funds are accessible.

I am a graduate of this school and attended from elementary grades until my 12th grade. I have mixed feelings about this school. Almost everyone in my class went to college, some went to community college and a few went ivy. I have since graduated, started 2 companies and then decided to return to medical school to become a surgeon. It was the ideal place for me bc I have a bit of ADHD. The high teacher to student ratio helped me a lot. But, the level of education of the teachers is usually low, they pay very little so it was a stepping stone for most of the good teachers, few if any have masters. I assume little has changed since the headmaster handed over the reigns to her daughter. If your student needs a very supportive environment without the bells and whistles of an excessively competitive educational environment that focuses instead of educational excellence and a globally connected learning environment and rather on a highly supportive, nurturing environment then collegiate is for you. Overall a good value, but personally I was underprepared to my peers when I did start college. Grammar school is amazing though, nice place for young kids. Everyone knows everyone.

I have a child who attends preschool in Ms. Rosalina's class. My child loves going to school. The pre-k and k teachers are both dedicated, nurturing and loving. They provide a great learning environment and they go above and beyond for the kids. I visited numerous daycare and schools for my children prior to Collegiate. I cannot say enough great things about the pre-k and k classroom. As a mother you only want the best for your children. I am so happy with choosing Collegiate. Thanks Ms. Rosalina and Ms. Emily for the great job you are doing with the kids.

I attended this school from pre-k to middle school , along with 2 older siblings. One of whom graduated from Collegiate and did well but this was back in late 90'searly 2000. I can tell you the school is adequate as a primary school but after that I would strongly advise taking your child out of that school if you want to see them excel above and beyond your child's capabilities. The public school system has offered me so much more than Collegiate would have ever been able to and allowed me to experience so much more in life. The level of competition and education from a public school regardless what's its ranking may be will always be far superior in comparison to Collegiate school. Sure the class sizes are small but the education that the students are receiving are about the same size. Look at their standardized test scores in comparison to students their ages in public schools. Look to see where the students are going. Sure Seton Hall and Rutgers is good, but any adequate student can get into those. Collegiate will reach its demise soon.

Dumping ground? This school has improved my childs self-esteem, grades, and study habits. I guess if a child doesn't want to learn and doesn't want to abide by the rules, a parent can find something bad to say.

Wow, my children have been at this school for 8+ years. Yes, one can always find something he doesn't like at any school. The post of 4/2/08 sounds like a disgruntled parent. Corruption? There isn't enough money for corruption. This school is filled with teachers who want to teach not because of some 'union pay scale'. What my child has learned in the time at Collegiate School is beyond comparison of the 'government schools' aka public schools. What other school in NJ would put the student into a higher grade subject if they excelled? Government schools call it GNT.

Last modified Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12