7-12 & Ungraded
Paulsboro, NJ

Posted June 16, 2014
i went to paulsboro high and it was the worst time of my life i did not lern any thing i got bullied and when i told the principal he did nothing about it and one day i got tired of it and got in to a fight with that bully i got in trouble and got dispended for standing up for myself whiel the bully did not even get in trouble worst school ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i would never never let my kids attend that school.

Paulsboro High School 4

Posted February 18, 2014
I am a graduate of Paulsboro and after reading some of the reviews below, I have to completely disagree with most of them. All of my children have graduated recently from Paulsboro and have had a great experience. They are also doing very well in college. There is something for everyone and to say the school spends all of their money on sports is ridiculous. The teachers do care, and the students are very accepting. My kids followed the rules and wore their uniforms as required and so we have had no issues in this respect. I work very closely with different organizations at PHS and find that there is plenty of cooperation between staff, administration and students. BTW- three of my kids are girls and had a great time not only participating in sports, but also in the theater and music groups, not to mention all the clubs they belonged to. School is what you make of it. My kids are well rounded, succeeding in college, and miss PHS very much.

Posted April 25, 2013
I am a 1996 graduate of PHS. Now that my Daughter attends there, grade 9, Inotice a BIG difference in the way the school is run. Yes when I was there there was a lot of hype about sports, BUT the administration ALSO cared about the students. Now its just sports! Never in my life have i seen a TINY school district, as Paulsbor, have some many money issues! Theres way too many created positions in this school...ie thers about 8 secretaries....why? There has been plenty of time i had to give important message to my daughter, trying to keep her off her phone, guess what she never got them!!! this school of this size dont need 8! Some teacher should have been gone a long time ago but are make so much money from theese created positions, some hold mutiple created positions with multiple checks. yet theres not enough books for student, the air work in the winter and the heat works in the spring and fall... Along with sports too much emphasis is placed on uniforms at the start of each class....then theres 15-20 mins of the class is left to teach what?? im ashamed to say my child goes there....

Posted August 21, 2011
I am a student at Paulsboro High School and it is NOT a good school. Their focus on sports makes an artsy person like me feel unaccepted. People who are naturally gifted with sports get an easy ride through everything, while students who are not interested in sports are expected to hold the school together. The teachers are just as immature as the students and will choose favorites with their students and make it very obvious. The staff of this school is run by all of the families who run the rest of the town. Students are not accepting of new students such as myself. Usually the students who go their went there, their entire lives as well as their parents. I have been their two years and still do not feel accepted nor do I feel as if I have learned anything. This school is for children who do not care about their education or their future,

Posted September 10, 2010
This school is for people who do not care. I grew up in Paulsboro from kindergarten to graduation. Half of the teachers do not care and the students care even less. For any child who is bright and intelligent, this school is not for you. It will not challenge you or give you a strive to do your best. You may think this is a "fun" school because you can get away with a lot. Enjoy the easy ride, but in the end, when the short bus stops, you will realize how much you did not learn. This is not a school to attend if you plan to be successful in your life.

Posted June 01, 2010
I along with the many students above agree that this district puts their money in the wrong place. If you want and education you go to school. If you want to be in sports then maybe our school should charge a small fee for these sports, so our children can get a good education. Another thing!! I along with many other parents are very involved with my childs education/life. It amazes me when you have a school wanting "parent involvement" but yet the school doesnt do it's part. My daughter is a third grader at Loudenslager Elementary School and twice this year the school has sent out parent/gaurdian invitations to school concerts the day before the event. Needless to say since my husband and I both work we could not make any of our daughters concerts this year due to someone not doing their job.

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted March 14, 2008
I think this school is amazing and miss going to school there. sure they may be focused on sports but they focused on the academics as well. I LOVE PAULSBORO and miss everyone there.

Posted January 17, 2008
I am a Junior at PHS and love it. Theres no school like it in SJ. The family atmosphere and acceptance of everyone is something you will see only at PHS. I love going to school and i love learning, the teachers care about the students in the class rooms and outside of school. Anyone who listens to the bad reputation paulsboro high has is missing out on the best high school experiance any teen could get.

Posted December 21, 2007

Paulsboro High School
670 N Delaware St, Paulsboro, NJ  08066
Last modified Paulsboro High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paulsboro High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top