Bad
Good

Posted January 30, 2015
My kids' home away from home. I will be very sad when my daughter has her final day this June as she marches off to Middle School. My son has Type 1 diabetes and a learning disability and his care is top notch. Love this place

Posted January 29, 2015
I have had 2 children attend Stony Brook. They both have had great experiences. I especially loved the 5th grade teachers. They prepared them for middle school both academically and socially.

Posted November 12, 2014
Excellent school. My son is in the language based special education class but is mainstreamed for specials. He loves the school. Great teachers and staff. Principal is wonderful. School community is diverse which I love.

Posted June 18, 2013
One of the main reasons we moved to Hopewell Twp. was the quality of the HVRSD. We're absolutely thrilled with Stony Brook Elementary. They have a VERY involved faculty, and Mr. Wilfing is a caring, attentive and responsive principal.

Posted June 05, 2013
We moved to the area last year and feel so fortunate to have found Stony Brook. Our daughter attends Kindergarten (which is 1/2 day in the Township) and has progressed tremendously. The teachers, staff and principal are all excellent. We cannot say enough good things about the school and community.

Posted February 05, 2012
This is a great school because there are dedicated teachers, students who arrive at school wanting to learn, and parents who support our educational goals. We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary this year and we have built a strong learning community based upon our motto of Truth, Beauty, & Goodness. Students become lifelong learners here as we educate the whole child and strive to meet the learning needs of all students through differentiated instruction. I do question how long a school, or indeed a school district, can remain great when its educators are expected to maintain an outstanding level of performance without the benefit of a current contract.

Posted September 28, 2011
I have one child who graduated from Stony Brook and another still there. The quality of academic instruction is outstanding. I used to teach at a high-profile private school in another state, and feel that my children are getting a better education here at than they would have with a $25,000 tuition bill at the other school. Reasonable class sizes, attention to differentiated instruction, awesome music program, it's just an amazing place for my kids to be.

Posted February 17, 2011
I love this school. Kids who need help are helped, and they have a great gifted and talented program. They participate in international programs, and have namy things for a child to enjoy.

Stony Brook Elementary School

Posted December 20, 2008
This is an excellent school with very good teachers and learning environment. There is a big emphasis on all round development of the child.

Posted May 16, 2008
we moved recently and are very happy with the school.They focus on all round development of the child.

Stony Brook Elementary School
20 Stephenson Road, Pennington, NJ  08534
Last modified Stony Brook Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.