PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

As someone who has personally attended this school, I can say with confidence that it is horrible. The education is far below substandard, and the tuition is expensive. The teachers scarcely adhere to any lesson plans and spend most of the day teaching religion. After leaving this school and transferring to a public school, I found myself far behind others. The discrepancy, between the level of education in public schools and this school, is vast. Good primary education is undoubtedly conducive to academic success. Unfortunately, you won't find it in this school. You're better off homeschooling your child than sending him/her to this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Little to no homework is given. I am a firm believer in using homework to reinforce lessons learned in class. However, in this school there is barely any homework given to students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers have little knowledge on subjects they teach. Most math and science "lessons" are repetitive. Teachers spend anywhere from a couple of weeks to months on each lesson. Moreover, there is no emphasis on academic excellence in this school. If you to hinder your child's academic career, then by all means, send them here.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

So my child had been in this school since prek and I always paid tuition. This year I had some money trouble and I was told my child couldn't graduate with his classmates unless it was paid. I was harrased for the money and it still continues. The nun there even suggested that I should put my other in a public school . Some of the teachers are great but then you have others that really don't teach. Plus as much time you put into the school there is never any graditude. As a catholic community you ate suppose to show love and compassion which they do not unless it benifits them. I have heard so many families complain and they have lost so many students !

worst school i have ever been to. terrible staff. i left that school before the last day of school.

My daughter has attended Assumption Catholic since she was in Kindergarten. She is now in Fourth Grade. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of education she has received here and will continue to receive. I love this school so much, that my son now attends Assumption Catholic. He is in Kindergarten and his teacher is the best. It is not crowded like the Perth Amboy Catholic schools. It has a warm, homey feel to it and the students thrive in this environment. I am so happy this school goes up to the eighth grade. This is where they will stay.

Allover good schcool.My daughter enjoys attending her kindergarten classes.Classes are small so that helps develop the child learning ability.They offer pre care & after for a small fee.

Our daughter attends this wonderful school and has thrived there! The atmosphere of community and caring is one of its very best characteristics! She has excelled there and we could not be happier! The principal, teachers and staff are there for the students and for the parents. Overall, the students are polite, kind and friendly. The teachers strive for academic excellence for all students. the rules are strict, but not harsh. The religious education is part of the program, but it is not overbearing. This school is definitely the best kept secret in the Perth Amboy area. Excellence, individual attention, small class sizes.. all at a very fair and reasonable price! Thank you Assumption Catholic for a job well done!

I transferred my daughter to this school when thanks to this wonderful 'no child left behind' law the public school was going to pass her despite the fact she failed Reading and Language Arts all 4 marking periods; when she was in second grade. I spoke to the principle and teacher and decided it was in her best interest to have her repeat the 2nd grade. She is now entering the 6th grade and I haven't looked back. My son now attends the school and I look forward to my 2 year old starting as well. The small classes allow the teachers to take their time and give attention to those that need it. There is also a new principle and he is fantastic!!!!!! Not that the old one wasn't, it's just that you're always nervous with new leadership. The teachers really care and are always willing to work with parents.

I have had my son in UACS since Kindergarten. This is a great school. As a public school teacher, I see everyday how most students in public schools are not high achievers due to low parent involvement even though we give many opportunites to work with the school. I think this is what I love about this school. We give our children high standards and the teachers and parents work TOGETHER to achieve that goal. My son's entire Kindergarten class was reading by the time they finished K. Many of the students are honor students. There are many after school activities available for the students and parents are involved in all of the school functions. I plan on enrolling my other son for PRE-K next year. I love the small school size, the one on one attention each student receives and the daily feedback from teachers. I highly recommend this school!

Last modified Assumption Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8