6-8 & Ungraded
Pitman, NJ

Pitman Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2015
I grew up here and my son had originally gone to elementary school in the district but work caused us to move away. We have recently been able to come back. After living in a Blue Ribbon, massive, top-4-in-the-state-of-Pennsylvania school, I can say coming back to Pitman was the right choice. People don't seem to understand that political correctness and test taking are now part of the requirements for education. But I can say that, in PMS, they do everything they can to actually TEACH a child, listen to and respond to concerns, and create a community of solid citizens. My son went from lost in the shuffle with an 504 plan to being a competent, responsible learner who excelled in subjects we never thought he'd have a chance in. All of this within 3 months of our arrival into the district. Naysayers need to put their comments in perspective and realize that, for a tiny borough, Pitman does it right!

Pitman Middle School 5

Posted June 26, 2014
This entire school system is extremely well run. The teachers and administration is excellent and genuinely care about each and every student and you can see this by the academic results from the children.

Posted June 30, 2013
The new principal does not think twice about raising his voice to the point of screaming at a mother of a child there where the child has to be escorted out of the room by an employee because the principal is to the point where he is spitting. How can any man behave that way to a woman? What example is he showing the children in that school? Very, very disappointed with this new principal and very disappointed that his coworker did not report his behavior to his superiors.

Posted June 22, 2010
I had an older daughter go through the Pitman Middle School and then I had two younger children (7 years later) attend the school and I am very dissappointed. There is so much emphasis on being politically correct that nothing else gets done. There is no (zero) motivation to help the children suceed . There is no consequences for children who miss homework. If there is no accountability, how will the children learn responsibility? I tried to work with the teachers, guidance and special education and could only get cooperationg when hiring a lawyer. The teachers could care less if a child is failing and only respond with poor grades via mid - term report . My middle child begged me to pull her out of the school system and send her to private school where she finally got B-C grades. I pay taxes for this????? Very disappointed.

Pitman Middle School 2

Posted November 21, 2009
Below average school. The curriculum is far from great, the teachers are not good, and the class of kids is poor - not who I want my kids growing up with.

Posted September 23, 2009
All the teachers are great with the kids.

Pitman Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
My childern were new to the district last year. They love it. Many extracirrcular activities, the teachers are energetic and are always available to help the children before or after school. My children are very happy going to school here.

Pitman Middle School 5

Posted August 22, 2003
Excellent school. Very good teachers. Terrific after school programs. The administrators get the parents involved.

Posted August 22, 2003
I found the principal to care more about test scores than the children themselves.

Posted August 10, 2003
Our children couldn't wait to go to this school, until they met their teachers, they hated them, the teachers are of low quality. We found that the 6th grade teachers didnt always know what they were talking about, my children didnt learn anything.

138 East Holly Ave, Pitman, NJ  08071
Last modified Pitman Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pitman Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top