K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Plainfield, NJ

Posted August 05, 2013
MY CHILD GRADUATED FROM QCA. SHE IS IN HIGH SCHOOL NOW AND TAKING ALL HONORS COURSES!! SHE MAINTAINS A 4.0 GPA AND IS ABOUT TO BEGIN TAKING COURSES FOR COLLEGE CREDIT. I ATTRIBUTE THIS TO THE DISCIPLINE AND LOVE OF LEARNING INSTILLED IN HER AT HOME AND REINFORCED AT QCA. I DIDNT WANT MY CHILD IN A NORMAL PUBLIC SCHOOL AND QCA PROVED ITSELF TO BE A WONDERFUL ALTERNATIVE. THROUGH THE SUPPORT OF TEACHER AND ADMINISTRATION THE SCHOOL ALLOWS YOUR CHILD TO BE MORE THAN A NUMBER IN AN OVER CROWDED CLASS. IT ALLOWS YOUR CHILD TO FLOURISH AS AN INDIVIDUAL. YES THE WAITING LIST IS LONG BUT IF YOU CAN GET YOUR CHILD INTO QCA JUMP AT THE OPPORTUNITY.

Posted September 12, 2012
This is my daughter's first year at QAC and so far she loves it. The Principal and the front office is very helpful. I am looking forward to a great year.

Queen City Academy Charter School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
Im a 1st grade teacher from PR would like to know an effective way to teach ESL students to read?

Posted May 27, 2012
I love this school and my daughter loves going to school every day. The administrators take education and discipline very seriously. They work very hard to keep the children motivated and the parents informed of everything that is going on. Every child has an opportunity to shine in an area that they are strong in. I have no doubt that my daughter will be prepared for anything that comes her way after leaving this school both academically and socially.

Queen City Academy Charter School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
QCA's families, staff, and administrators are continuing to grow and succeed. As the PTA president, and a parent there for the past 3 years, the school has evolved and is continuing to evolve day in and day out. Under the new leadership, we are very thankful to have the administrators we do. Parent involvement has certainly improved as well as the overall tone of parent participation. The students and staff are flourishing here. Of course there are still improvements to be made, however, it's a work in progress and I am confident that QCA will get the credit it deserves eventually. Even if the Plainfield Schools Superintendant gives us no support what so ever, we will continue to press on so that the entire state can see that QCA is a coveted institution.

Queen City Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 12, 2010
they dont respect the students and they show the students favoritism and they are mean

Posted January 29, 2010
Queen city academy is an excellent education alternative to the plainfield public school. It offers a home feeling to holistic education and the staff is genuinely concerned about educating the child. With a longer school day than most, children are given ample time to attain knowledge. Also, all children have spanish, dance, health, music, phycical education, technology-where each child has a laptop, art and other co-curricular courses. I love my qca family!

Queen City Academy Charter School 4

Posted December 12, 2009
I have three children at QCA since kindergarten, they are academically challenged and the they love going to school. Teachers are always willing to help. Classrooms in the lower house are a little small.

Posted September 09, 2009
I had a child that graduated last year and she is doing great in high school. kudo's to the staff especially Mrs. Galucci

Posted July 13, 2009
I currently have two girls 5th & 6th, I love the school, the single gender classroom was better i believe, but no matter how the kids are well prepared, the staff is always willing to help in person or by phone, great school. I love discipline and dress code.

Queen City Academy Charter School
815 West Seventh Street, Plainfield, NJ  07063
Last modified Queen City Academy Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queen City Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top