Bad
Good

RAHWAY HIGH SCHOOL, amongst other things is a place of second to none experience and learning. This school expresses the importance of diversity, quality extra-curricular activities and of course challenging students academically. Moving to Rahway in HS did not only challenge me with honor, CP, and AP classes, but gave me the comfort of a close knit community. Going into college I had no issue bonding and being a strong individual with personal goals. Like any school system parents need to also assist in influencing greatness out a student, and whatever they missed Rahway High was sure to try their best to cover. Being a fairly small town, Rahway makes up for it with talent and opportunity. Rahway teaches things that cannot be found on a curriculum.

being a student at rahway high, has had its difficulties, but i do have to say that most teachers there try their best to help us. not only can the teacher relate to us but were able to talk to them as if they were a parent. i trust two teachers there with my life. their my parents away from home. yes rahway is a majority of african americans but that doesnt mean we should get a bad name for it. you can get the same acts from kids that go to clark or G.L. it doesnt have to do with being what color you are. im surrounded everyday with kids aging from 14-18 and they will have differences but so do adults. you cant blame us for being young. to conclude rahway high is a very helpful and safe place to learn and go to college.

I'm an alumni of RHS, I never realized how sad it was until I left and met other people from various areas of the country. Though yes, a lot of the teachers try I realized very quickly that even as an AP/honors student, there was a lotI was never taught. The school needs to get it's act together. It's a shame a place that produced Carl Sagan is doing so poorly as far as science and math.

I attend Rahway High School. The teachers are great but there is no order of how the administration works which ruins daily life at school. There are a lot of teachers that display favoritism and it is unfair. Also this school does not challenge anyone if you take a normal CP (College prep) class. I honestly feel like I will graduate with students who are illiterate because of programs like ACE where the 'bad' kids are sent and only attend school from 8 am to 12 and graduate with a high diploma for not doing much because from what I understand ACE doesn't even have textbooks. I feel like this program doesn t help anyone but the school s graduation rate because the students are not learning anything. The only thing RHS has going for it is nice teachers besides a select few there really doesn't feel like anyone teacher or student knows what is going on.

Rahway High School is a great school. The Teachers and Counselors go 'Beyond' to assist and encourage all the students. They offer many different clubs and activities, which keep the students very active and wanting to succeed.

My son just started this high school and so far so good. The only thing I'm concerned about is the distance that is required for a student to catch a school bus. As far as the academics are concerned, I have no complaints right now.

Rahway High School prepared me well for my academic future. It tends to receive a negative reputation, but any student who wants a good education can find it at RHS. The AP programs are growing and the school is only getting better.

I have decided not to send my child to Rahway High school. It's unfortunate that the climate at the school is unstable and i am not willing to subject my child to that environment. There are alot of good families and teachers in Rahway. Much time and effort is needed to bring the school on par with the rest of the Union County top schools.

The fact there is no strong leadership at all in this school is a disgrace. It is impossible for there to be any consistency at all. It is truly a disappointment and this school does not have to be as bad as it is. There are teachers there that are trying but how much can they really do when the administration does not support them. I really hope that something is done or I won't be sending my other children there.

In the last eight months the school has encountered a myriad of difficulties with several administrative changes. Despite this, the commitment and dedications of a truly talented and concerned staff and administration has done much to keep the ship more than afloat, they have managed to keep student interest, concerns, and achievement out front. Bravo and thank you.

Last modified Rahway High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.