Bad
Good

Both my kids study here.. they both had excellent teachers as well as average teachers.. Overall the township seems to be more into sports than academics, but I do not have a reason to complain about the quality of education my kids are getting..

Not good teachers. My son is a very smart boy but does not understand how teachers are presenting material. I spend time every evening explaining the way it should be. He understand 100% and I am not a teacher. If you want to succeed in this school you have to go to Kumon. It's about 5 of them in the area.

Okay so the academics here are the school are not challenging. Actually quite boring. Individual growth is not emphasized. Competition is generated between the individual students themselves. Some teachers are fabulous and totally understand you, but others....lack basic knowledge. This is mostly a sports-focused school and academic extra curriculars get little attention. You're usually not popular if you don't do a sport. There's not a lot of fights or violence. There is bullying but action is taken very swiftly against it. But the kids here remain in the "Robbinsville bubble" where everyone gets what they want and know little about the outside world, where they get overwhelmed by competition. I would say that coming here is worth it if you get a good house and if you're okay with average academics and top-notch sports.

I love this school the teachers are great and by 8th grade you have a bond with all of them and they're just not your teachers but mentors and people that you can talk to. Also, the sports are great and they have so many activities that you can do. So, this school is great for everyone any race or personality or culture you will always find someone that will adore you. they can improve by having more class choice some of the classes are not challenging.

I forgot to say everything you learn here is very reptive and boring. We learn the same thing every year except with a tiny bit of detail.. IF your child likes to be challenged like me, send him or her to some other school.

We moved to Robbinsville from Westchester, NY because we thought we could get the best of both worlds: large house and land in an excellent school district. We couldn't have been more wrong: last year I-95 extended almost into our backyard, while the middle school decided to turn a blind eye to our pleas for protecting our kids from bullies. We are sending our children to a private school now and they are happy, but we end up paying an exorbitant amount of money between the very high property and school taxes and private school tuition, which will not be sustainable in the long term.

I had very sad experiences with both my kids in Pond Road Middle School. My son was bullied by kids on the bus and by the bus driver and no measures were taken. I started driving him to school. When the bullying spread into school hours, my son stopped sleeping and eating and eventually a latent tachycardia became acute to the point when at least once a week I would be called from work to pick him up because his heartbeat would not come down from 220/min. They refused to put him on a 504 plan, but kept giving him 0/100 for work not delivered on time. He happens to be gifted, so with the A's in classwork he managed to pass the grade. After his heart surgery in June 2011 we moved him to a wonderful private school, where he excels in a caring environment. At the beginning of 6th grade in September, my daughter started to be bullied too - when we asked for an investigation we were told that it wasn't needed because the alleged bullies argued that it was my daughter bulling them. Needless to say, the day after we were told there would not be an investigation, my daughter joined her brother in the private school. Nobody from Pond ever asked me why was I moving her.

The school is very well organized and my child loves it here! The school academics are excellent and staff is caring and responsive. Keep up the great work!

My son just finished the 4th grade at this school and it was the best school year my family has ever expirienced (I have two older children). My son is sad that school is over this year! This sounds a bit over the top, but we have felt all year that our son's teachers were always there for him and provided a great caring learning situation for him. He had a tremendous year and we could not be happier. The atmosphere at the school is positive and set up for children to succeed in. The kids come from families that work hard from blue collar to white collar, and a healthy type of competition exists. Even so the children are well behaved and respectful to each other. Good kids get positive attention from other students and bad behavior is not looked at by the other kids as "cool".

This is my child s first year in Poad Road School. The teachers are great, a good over all academic program and the students friendly..

Last modified Pond Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.