PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Both of my children went to this school. We transferred the younger one to another school because the academic program at this school was so poor. The callousness of the teachers and administration is appalling. If a child is having difficulty, there is no help provided and the parents are not kept informed. If parents do not give large donations to the school (over and above tuition), the children are penalized.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The school provided no help for my son, even though he was absent from school with a very serious illness. They complained bitterly about having to copy his homework for us, and provided no assistance when there were questions about assignments that were not clear. We had to pay for private tutoring so that he could learn the material.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The administration tolerated very poor performance and indifference by the teachers. When my son became seriously ill and could not attend school for multiple weeks, the administration complained to me about how much work it was to prepare my son's assignments so that he could keep up with his school work. They made a difficult situation awful with their nastiness.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I found very few teachers at this school to be helpful. Most were not willing to help when students had difficulty and we had to supplement the curriculum with quite a bit of tutoring so that our children could learn the material.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Many very time consuming projects are assigned and very little emphasis is placed on writing skills and math.

I am currently an ICS graduate and at Immaculata High School. As great the academics were, there were not a lot of extracurricular activities. Also, I had some teachers who didn't care about their students' opinions and beliefs. I believe Immaculata is a much safer and welcoming environment than ICS.

ICS has an ultra-competitive honors/gifted program for a select group of students in grades 3 and up. My child does very well in school, but the standards are so high we're not certain of getting in at all. So the reviewers below must not have been aware of this program? Or perhaps their children weren't accepted and there is some negative feeling there? I can only guess. But they are factually incorrect in saying students aren't challenged somehow. If anything, the environment is overly competitive. Odd that there would be such incorrect information from people whose children attended the school. Again, who can guess at motives.

I could not disagree with the previous parent more. My daughter graduated last year and I currently have a fourth grader attending ICS. Both are very strong students and have thrived in the academic as well as the nurturing social aspects of the school. My daughter is in all honors courses as a freshman and has maintained an A+ average through the two completed marking periods. I attribute this largely to the preparation she received at ICS. The reason I did not give the school a five star rating is I believe that under the new principal, the best is yet ahead for this school.

I agree with previous reviewers. If your child is academically advanced or a fast learner, this school is not the right school for them. We had a "not so great" experience at ICS. Some teachers act like they don't care about our children and do nothing to provide a positive learning environment. My child was bored to tears in class and the teacher refused to give more challenging work because "it would be more work for her". Some teachers constantly yell at the students and we got tired of paying to have our child mistreated and under-challenged. My child would come home frustrated and unhappy on a daily basis - and this is a kid that used to love school! I think priorities at ICS are upside down; they are definitely not child-friendly.

The school is a sad excuse for a private school and gives not the slightest care about their students

Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8