PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Immaculate Conception School 3

Posted April 18, 2016
I am currently an ICS graduate and at Immaculata High School. As great the academics were, there were not a lot of extracurricular activities. Also, I had some teachers who didn't care about their students' opinions and beliefs. I believe Immaculata is a much safer and welcoming environment than ICS.

Posted March 09, 2015
ICS has an ultra-competitive honors/gifted program for a select group of students in grades 3 and up. My child does very well in school, but the standards are so high we're not certain of getting in at all. So the reviewers below must not have been aware of this program? Or perhaps their children weren't accepted and there is some negative feeling there? I can only guess. But they are factually incorrect in saying students aren't challenged somehow. If anything, the environment is overly competitive. Odd that there would be such incorrect information from people whose children attended the school. Again, who can guess at motives.

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted January 09, 2015
I could not disagree with the previous parent more. My daughter graduated last year and I currently have a fourth grader attending ICS. Both are very strong students and have thrived in the academic as well as the nurturing social aspects of the school. My daughter is in all honors courses as a freshman and has maintained an A+ average through the two completed marking periods. I attribute this largely to the preparation she received at ICS. The reason I did not give the school a five star rating is I believe that under the new principal, the best is yet ahead for this school.

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted October 17, 2014
I agree with previous reviewers. If your child is academically advanced or a fast learner, this school is not the right school for them. We had a "not so great" experience at ICS. Some teachers act like they don't care about our children and do nothing to provide a positive learning environment. My child was bored to tears in class and the teacher refused to give more challenging work because "it would be more work for her". Some teachers constantly yell at the students and we got tired of paying to have our child mistreated and under-challenged. My child would come home frustrated and unhappy on a daily basis - and this is a kid that used to love school! I think priorities at ICS are upside down; they are definitely not child-friendly.

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
The school is a sad excuse for a private school and gives not the slightest care about their students

Immaculate Conception School

Posted December 12, 2008
Immaculate Conception School is one of the best schools that I ever attended in my life! As a graduate from ICS, there are so many wonderful things that I can say about the school. The teachers are so nice and always offer you help. I would reccommend ICS to anyone. P.S. - I love you Mr. Cladek and Mrs. Cannell! I miss you so much!

Posted September 17, 2008
ICS was a great school for my daughter. The Administration and staff are very accommodating and they actively work together with parents to produce the best education for the children. One definitely feels a strong sense of community in this school. The students are respectful and show a strong sense of values. The teachers have a genuine concern for the students. We will definitely miss ICS!

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted October 11, 2006
I am very pleased with the school and the religious education it offers our children. It is a great school if your child is 'average' academically. If you require special needs or if your child is scholastically advanced, the school is not your best choice. Additionally, the school does not offer all the extracurricular activities a public school can provide. It's important to understand your child's needs to determine if this is the right school for you. We have been very pleased with the choice!

Posted September 21, 2006
Immaculate Conception School is a wonderful school with strong emphasis on academic proficiency of the students apart from the religious education that is imparted to them. The standards that are set are much higher than the comparable public school curriculum, especially in the elementary school level.We are very happy with the school.

Posted June 08, 2006
Excellent School, Great and Supportive Teachers.

Immaculate Conception School
41 Mountain Avenue, Somerville, NJ  08876
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8