9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 08, 2016
I attended Monsignor Donovan and can truly say it was an environment 100% focused on nurturing not just my academic and athletic abilities, but my spiritual and personal needs as well. My teachers understood how to challenge me as an individual, and how to adjust those challenges to meet the needs of different students. The core fundamentals of becoming a good and giving person were fostered both inside and outside the classroom by a staff that commits themselves to being a support system for each student.

Posted September 20, 2011
I have 2 boys currently attending Monsignor Donovan, they love it there and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The block schedule is fantastic, set up more like a college than an elementary school. This allows the middle of the day flex period to be very productive for clubs, and any extra help needed from teachers. It also allows students an extra class period a year for areas they are interested in. The laptop each student receives as a freshman is great because so many of their books are available electronically. The faculty and clerical staff encourage inclusion for all children, and I see the evidence of this. My boys say it is "cool" to be smart here, there is no dumbing down of the student body by the stereotypical "dumb jock" syndrome. So far, it has been an extremely positive experience for our entire family. I encourage students who are interested to visit for the day. I have 2 issues.. Both my sons participate in sports year round and there is not a second bus for after school activities (sadly)...the price you pay for catholic school education. I do not like the new winter uniform. Small things compared to the value of their education.

Posted May 13, 2010
Having attended public school first, private school was the better. It is true 'You get what you pay for.' Those that go there & bad mouth Mon Don are those who don't give their best- they are not going to hand you a diploma- 'you get what you give.' I think Mon Don is a great school & as I agree for those that stay on the straight path you will leave with great hopes for your future. As in any place you go, work/school, there will always be cliques, drugs & alcohol, & mean people you just have to decide what path you choose. All in all, academically Mon Don is great & starting out as a scared freshman not sure what to expect, the school staff & faculty were very welcoming! Thank you Mon Don!

Monsignor Donovan High School 3

Posted January 03, 2010
Mondon is a high school it fits the definition perfectly. There are stereotypes everywhere, cliques, yet if you are nice and you don't start drama everyone is nice to you. In the other reviews you will read that the teachers are so great, yea they are, but what I found in freshmen year the honor teachers are like hardcore with learning and will not give out ease to any stress. Now with honors and CP classes there really is no difference, it's just in CP the teachers take more time to help you, theres way less homework, and the classes run smoother and what i have to say 'fun'. The honors classes are a little more fast pace they expect you to do more work then they have to teach and your a little more independent. But you're learning the same material as CP.

Posted November 01, 2009
My son graduated Monsignor Donovan HS and my daughter is a junior there. The students are well mannered and focused on their future goals. The staff is always available for the children and parents 24/7.

Monsignor Donovan High School 3

Posted September 07, 2009
2.7 actually. I agree with people who say that the whole student atmosphere is very cliquey and there are a lot of stereotypes. It's a classic example of how a school can be filled with mean, fake people. There are only like 5 guidance counselors that have to take care of like 1000+ students. But the absolutely, most best thing about Mon Don is the teachers, hands down.

Monsignor Donovan High School 1

Posted May 04, 2009
I'm a student at Monsignor Donovan and I am forced to admit that this year I have found the experience to be unsatisfactory. Not only do some of the Honors courses more aptly reflect the AP courses but there are a few teachers that cause the students undue stress. I personally have 2 of them this term. Frankly at this point I am praying that i just pass these two classes. P.S- I am an A-B student who maintains 5 out of 8 honors courses (excepting gym, band, and alg. 2)

Posted December 30, 2008
Mon Don is an excellent school! I completely agree that it provides more of an education than just scholarly. All of the teachers are amazing and while some may say that they are 'green' because they are getting paid less, I found that the teachers care far more about their students than those in public schools. They are willing to be paid less because they care about the school and the students, not because they are unqualified. While drinking, etc does happen, I would say it happens far less than public schools and even other Catholic schools. Mon Don was just such a great community of students and teachers and I am so glad that I went to school there.

Posted December 06, 2008
I must disagree also with all the negative reviews. Personally, I think some of these people with the negative reviews never attended the school and are here just to bash it. My experience with MonDon was great. Coming from MonDon, I felt as though was much more prepared for college than most people of my grade. Yeah there was drinking but I'd like to know what high school doesn't have the same problem and with regards to the laptops, yeah they were probably a waste of money but it added to the experience. Kairos was an amazing experience, and the friends I made from the school will be with me forever, so whoever is here to bash MonDon, you really need something better to do with yourselves. MonDonAlumni2007

Posted November 12, 2008
I am a senior at MonDon, so I totally disagree with all of the negative reviews. The negative reviews are so far from the truth. I love MonDon! the teachers are great, the administration is great as well, and the guidance department is really helpful. I honestly don't see how anyone can dislike MonDon.

Monsignor Donovan High School
711 Hooper Avenue, Toms River, NJ  08753
Last modified Monsignor Donovan High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12