PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Saint James is a amazing school that my son goes to. I would highly recommend it.

My child is a new student in the upper grades and I am very happy with the experience at this school. The kids are expected to do their best everyday and have a lot of activities to look forward to throughout the school year. It is a family atmosphere and the children are very accepting to new students. The curriculum has more to offer than the public schools in the area and whether you are Catholic or not your child will benefit from the overall educational experience at this school. My child looks forward to going to school everyday and is happy we chose this school. Can not speak about the past issues people have posted, but this school is moving in a very positive direction.

My child attends this school and it has shown marked improvement this year. Our children achieve academic honors, while learning manners and compassion. The school hosts entertaining and educational events for the student body through out the school year. Everyone works hard to make sure the students succeed, spiritually, socially and responsibly. We love St. James School!

I had 2 children at this school. I was greatly disappointed in the education which they received and took them out of the school. The teachers were mediocre and the children are behind the children in public school. It's all about money and fundraising. Enrollment is down and I don't think it will last much longer. I'm very disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.

This school has been nothing but a huge disappointment from the first year I enrolled my child. The school is clearly suffering from horrible enrollment rates but has nothing to offer to attract new students. Education is mediocre at best, technology is light years behind and don t get me started on classes such as arts or language. My main suggestion to the monsignor and the new principal: The days of Iron Fist are over! Stop your teachers from screaming at children, punishing children for the smallest offences and stop treating them like soldiers. They are CHILDREN and every child there is different and needs a different approach but the old fashioned teachers at this school can t take the time to understand or care. I paid a lot of money to have my child be in time-out every day in for the dumbest things. You can also forget talking to the teachers to resolve the issues, apparently your opinion as a parent does not count. Unfortunately all the good, fresh perspective teachers were let go this year, leaving behind . I hope the new principal brings in some changes or the school will be non-existent in the next few years.

The priest there can care less about the school and even less about the students.He barely visits except when he has to show his face.The management is a joke and treats ever parent like an ATM.If there are any issues regarding your child(children),good luck getting anything resolved.It is unfortunate because I am an alumni .When I was a child,people cared about each other.That is not the case anymore.That is very sad.I sent my child to SJS and was disappointed at the experience.The after school program did have employees that took the extra step to make after care fun but unfortunately,they have left the program.The school has fired amazing teachers and kept some really bad ones.Overall awful experience.

My kid went to kindergarden here. I am a non-christin and non white. I found that my kid was being treated racially by the teachers, that includes the class teacher. Apart from that, they give home some tickets or the other, always asking money, money and more money. If we r not able to sell the tickets, we had to bear the cost of the tickets, which is like 1000$. They say their school is a affordable christian education, I would disagree as they are truly christian(I have no issue over it), but affordable is very misleading. I wish they would tell everything forehand even before one tries to enroll their kid in this school. But most of all, my experience with one of the kindergarden teacher is very bad, and hope no other parent comes to this situation. My kids currently goes to public school now and I think things are going in the right direction. I wanted to tell my opinon as the kindergarden enrollment starts this month and any one looking for reviews knows what they are going to face.

I' am an alumni at this school. Besides the terrible education and the lack of understanding from the staff, this school has the worst staff and it's not even worth paying for. Here is an example, There was a new math teacher named Mrs. Huffcut who arrived about 2 years ago I believe. My grade as well as other students lowered greatly, and every parent complained. The principal Ms. Erath refused to speak of the situation. Until now, she is still instructing children and I keep hearing from other students that she is still a terrible teacher. Thank goodness though for my public school math teacher that I was able to understand what I missed in middle school. The principal is rude, as well as the English teacher who has been known to threaten and try to interfere in the lives of other students.

I'm a alumni from Saint James, and I learned a lot from Saint James, they get kids ready for the future, and high school. They got me ready for High school, and they get tons of others ready to. Music is great, Spanish is good, Art is amazing they tell you facts, and information about some of the most famous art. Gym is great, it is a workout that will make you sweat, but not over work you to exhaustion, and Library has fun activities, for you to do. Saint James is like a family to me, and is continues to grow every year a kid enrolls there. So I'm glad I was enrolled there, I feel like everyone there is part of my family.

My daughter was studying in PreK at St James school in this year.she learned a lot.i should thank her teacher Mrs Beres for that.She is an Excellent Teacher.

Last modified St James School-Woodbridge is a Private school that serves grades PK-8