Woodbridge Township, NJ

Posted August 15, 2014
I had 2 children at this school. I was greatly disappointed in the education which they received and took them out of the school. The teachers were mediocre and the children are behind the children in public school. It's all about money and fundraising. Enrollment is down and I don't think it will last much longer. I'm very disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.

Posted August 12, 2014
This school has been nothing but a huge disappointment from the first year I enrolled my child. The school is clearly suffering from horrible enrollment rates but has nothing to offer to attract new students. Education is mediocre at best, technology is light years behind and don t get me started on classes such as arts or language. My main suggestion to the monsignor and the new principal: The days of Iron Fist are over! Stop your teachers from screaming at children, punishing children for the smallest offences and stop treating them like soldiers. They are CHILDREN and every child there is different and needs a different approach but the old fashioned teachers at this school can t take the time to understand or care. I paid a lot of money to have my child be in time-out every day in for the dumbest things. You can also forget talking to the teachers to resolve the issues, apparently your opinion as a parent does not count. Unfortunately all the good, fresh perspective teachers were let go this year, leaving behind . I hope the new principal brings in some changes or the school will be non-existent in the next few years.

Posted August 05, 2014
The priest there can care less about the school and even less about the students.He barely visits except when he has to show his face.The management is a joke and treats ever parent like an ATM.If there are any issues regarding your child(children),good luck getting anything resolved.It is unfortunate because I am an alumni .When I was a child,people cared about each other.That is not the case anymore.That is very sad.I sent my child to SJS and was disappointed at the experience.The after school program did have employees that took the extra step to make after care fun but unfortunately,they have left the program.The school has fired amazing teachers and kept some really bad ones.Overall awful experience.

Posted January 15, 2014
My kid went to kindergarden here. I am a non-christin and non white. I found that my kid was being treated racially by the teachers, that includes the class teacher. Apart from that, they give home some tickets or the other, always asking money, money and more money. If we r not able to sell the tickets, we had to bear the cost of the tickets, which is like 1000$. They say their school is a affordable christian education, I would disagree as they are truly christian(I have no issue over it), but affordable is very misleading. I wish they would tell everything forehand even before one tries to enroll their kid in this school. But most of all, my experience with one of the kindergarden teacher is very bad, and hope no other parent comes to this situation. My kids currently goes to public school now and I think things are going in the right direction. I wanted to tell my opinon as the kindergarden enrollment starts this month and any one looking for reviews knows what they are going to face.

Posted September 15, 2013
I' am an alumni at this school. Besides the terrible education and the lack of understanding from the staff, this school has the worst staff and it's not even worth paying for. Here is an example, There was a new math teacher named Mrs. Huffcut who arrived about 2 years ago I believe. My grade as well as other students lowered greatly, and every parent complained. The principal Ms. Erath refused to speak of the situation. Until now, she is still instructing children and I keep hearing from other students that she is still a terrible teacher. Thank goodness though for my public school math teacher that I was able to understand what I missed in middle school. The principal is rude, as well as the English teacher who has been known to threaten and try to interfere in the lives of other students.

Posted August 24, 2013
I'm a alumni from Saint James, and I learned a lot from Saint James, they get kids ready for the future, and high school. They got me ready for High school, and they get tons of others ready to. Music is great, Spanish is good, Art is amazing they tell you facts, and information about some of the most famous art. Gym is great, it is a workout that will make you sweat, but not over work you to exhaustion, and Library has fun activities, for you to do. Saint James is like a family to me, and is continues to grow every year a kid enrolls there. So I'm glad I was enrolled there, I feel like everyone there is part of my family.

Posted June 14, 2013
My daughter was studying in PreK at St James school in this year.she learned a lot.i should thank her teacher Mrs Beres for that.She is an Excellent Teacher.

St James School-Woodbridge 4

Posted October 17, 2010
My daughter has been at St. James since 1st grade. At first I felt the school was not very challenging academically however the new principal has really improved the quality of the academics in the school. My son has just entered kindergarten and I'm very happy with his progress. St. James is a great school and we're very happy with our decision to send our children there.

St James School-Woodbridge 4

Posted September 27, 2010
Still quite early to say but so far so good. Here my kids are well adjustedin no time. We were given a full tour of the school & we were able to also meet and greet the teachers. Parents who have been there since thier kids were in pre k said the school has improved tremendously for the better. The pricnipal is very much involved and intouch with teachers, parents and students needs. back to school night was great! we were able to talk to the teachers of our 2 sons and made sure this school year we were all going to be all on the same page as to what will be expected of us and how we can get together to help our child be on top of things, responsible and a good character to society :) our sons are challenged & eager to learn and become better students.

Posted January 09, 2010
I am currently a student at Saint James. Acedemics get a 9/10. Specials such as Spanish has tremendously improved. It used to be a joke where you would go to class and be expected to speak fluent spanish and you wouldn't learn anything. The new teacher as of last year teaches you at your own pace. We use Rosetta Stone. Music Class is absolutely amazing! The teacher is such a professional. Gym is good. Library is fun because we do projects. The teachers are very good. They teach you things that you need to be prepared for. All of the regular and specials teachers show tons of effort. The principal has made a lot of changes, but none bad so far. Saint James has tons of fun after-school activities.Overall this is a great school and I would recommend it to anyone!

St James School-Woodbridge
341 Amboy Avenue, Woodbridge Township, NJ  07095
(732) 634-2090
Last modified St James School-Woodbridge is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St James School-Woodbridge Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top