K-5 & Ungraded
Woodbridge, NJ

Posted August 10, 2015
My daughter goes to this school. It is a great school with an outstanding principal Ms Balog. Teachers are very learned, experienced and patient. The PTA is very active.

Posted May 29, 2014
The teachers are good, but the principal is completely below average. Her attitude is very negative and the kids are often afraid and do not like going to school.

Posted May 22, 2014
Strange! K-PM session has a new teacher. She was initially keen in teaching the kids new stuff and after 3 months everything stopped. We all parents were shocked with the sudden change. All she does good is the sharing time, where the family secrets are unfolded which is of 0 use. She takes weeks to respond to parent emails. I think the school would get a bad name because of this particular new teacher. She is NO GOOD

Mawbey Street Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
First day of the school for my Kindergarten daughter and there was no co-ordination on the school bus dropping facility. My daughter was dropped at another location rather than binging her to right location. The Bus drivers does not care and the school also does not provide any list or information to the bus drivers on who is getting down where atleast for the Kindergarten's on their first day. Great disappointment. This not only happened to my child but there were few other who had this issue.

Posted November 30, 2009
Great School!! The principal has a great knowledge of being strict but keeping it fun for the students. Has a wonderful family feeling! Teachers are amazing also!

Posted July 18, 2006
I have been involved with mawbey street school for about 3years i had a son that graduated from there and have one attending there now. I moved out of the state and returned one of the reasons being was the schooling and i said if i could not move back to woodbridge and live where i lived before so that my children could attend the same school from which we left i would not go back so with that said i am giving mawbey street a 5 for teacher involvement, principal,academics,activities, etc.

Posted January 27, 2005
I just wanted to set the record straight !!! Apparently, someone apparently thinks that I wrote a review dated January 2005 as 'Cathy S'. It was not me. My children are no longer in Mawbey Street and I would have no reason to criticize Ms. Reid, the PTO nor its staff. In fact, I was and am QUITE PLEASED with Mawbey Street and its staff. As a matter of fact, I was personally involved with the PTO for a number of years and never felt it was a 'closed club'. Either the 'other Cathy S' needs to get a real life and needs to come forth with their real name. Cathy Stamato

Posted January 27, 2005
Mawbey Street School's principal, Miss Reid, has worked endlessly to provide her students with opportunities to learn both in and out of the traditional school environment. In a time when curriculums change rapidly (with great expense and only controlled by a school board, not an individual school) she has maintained a core curriculum of hands-on learning in a positive classroom environment. Parental involvement in the scholastic community has been steadily declining due to changes in family dynamics and general apathy to the concept of giving to the community. The PTO, recognizing this change, has worked steadily to maintain the fundraising necessary to provide students with extracurricular programs and trips. Door are always open; however, one must be willing to enter and work. As in other townships, Gifted and Talented programs are available for those who qualify.

Posted January 07, 2005
While many of the teachers are very good, some of the newer teachers have little experience and little guidance. The principal is fortunately retiring this year. While she did rule with an iron hand--which is good, she fails to see that we are no longer living in the 50s and refuses to see areas where change would be an improvement. The PTO as well is a 'closed club,' refusing to see room for improvement and change--all to the detriment of our children. Woodbridge is the last township to maintain only half-day Kindergarten--again failing to progress with the times. This is not a user-friendly school,the academics program should be reworked to allow those students who are capable, to progress faster. The community in general is very close-minded.

Posted September 10, 2003
This is my second year at the mawbey street school .I move here to New Jersey and decided to put my daughter in public school coming from New York.My daughter was in private one of the best so i decided to try public school and it was worth it because the mawbey street school is great. Yhe kid are guided in the right step the work is gear toward the next phase that they need. The teacher are really concerned about what our kids need. The principal really cares and keep a hand on with what going on in her school which is what needs to be done in school today .I am so far happy with Mawbey Street School .

275 Mawbey Street, Woodbridge, NJ  07095
Last modified Mawbey Street Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mawbey Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top