Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have seen very little evidence of bullying in the school, and any that is seen is dealt with quickly. They have gone a step further than the normal anti-bullying message with a student led program that fosters kindness and compassion in the way that the students interact with each other.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is excellent at fostering the character of the students. They have a staff that emphasizes the whole student and works well to build character as much as they work to build knowledge.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework given is both relevant and reasonable. I never feel like my student has too much to do in too little time, and it is never what could be termed busy work.

This school and its teachers are some of the best I have ever encountered. They are wonderful at educating kids to a high standard and fostering a community feeling among the students. The discipline problems are dealt with quickly and fairly. The accommodations for students on both the upper and lower end of the learning spectrum are exceptional. And the teachers really do care about the students success.

Havent had any trouble with my son getting in trouble since he started here two years ago. He really enjoys it and can't ever wait until summer is over to get back here!! Sadly this is his last year. The teachers are very knowledgable and really work with the children even if it means they have to stay after school.

I attended Holloman for 6th and 7th grade. I loved that school. Everybody there was friendly, students and teachers alike. There was literally no bullying and if there was it was taken care of immediately. The teachers were devoted and friendly. I have no complaints other than the lunch lady who wouldn't tell you that you owed money until she took your tray and handed you a sandwich with nothing but cheese on it.

I love this school!! The teachers are great and i loved the classes. They are a great community and a national blue ribbon school. They have great classes and overall are a great school!!!

This school was terrible! The teachers cared more about their social time then helping their students. I pulled my child out and homeschooled. There was problems with bullying and the teachers just turned their heads when it would happen. I would stay away from this school if at all possible.

HMS is one of the best midde schools in NM. The teachers are highly effective and provide multiple methods for students to learn. The leadership is caring and ensures that all students are focusing on learning not only academics but also interpersonal skills. The students actually enjoy school!

I went to HMS from 6th to 8th grade, and now I am in college. The school and teachers are great! However, the principal was uncompassionate to my medical conditions. I was very sick in middle school and went to the hospital often, but my grades where 3.8 and higher and I was in the gifted program. However, she treated me coldly and as if I was a nuisance. She had the nerve to ask me to step down from prestigious organizations because she thought my absences (which were all singed by a doctor at Holloman or from the ER) where a bad sign to other students. It angers me to think about the way she treated me! The students she loves are the ones who can get her recognized in society, have officer parents, and can not see through her false sentiments towards them. To sum it all up, she is an Attention Mongrel, who will use your children to get herself recognized! I saw her true colors, and they are not blue and gold, but green with envy! But in the end I have had the last laugh because I am a straight A student in college, go to a prestigious college, and have out grown my sickness. She however, is still stuck there in the desert chasing fame through other people's children.

Last modified Holloman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.