Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted August 15, 2016
Havent had any trouble with my son getting in trouble since he started here two years ago. He really enjoys it and can't ever wait until summer is over to get back here!! Sadly this is his last year. The teachers are very knowledgable and really work with the children even if it means they have to stay after school.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted August 15, 2016
Ms. Sukup is greatly appreciated! She is always smiling and ready to help whenever you walk into the office!! Very knowledgable about everything that is going on in the school at all times.

Posted May 20, 2014
I attended Holloman for 6th and 7th grade. I loved that school. Everybody there was friendly, students and teachers alike. There was literally no bullying and if there was it was taken care of immediately. The teachers were devoted and friendly. I have no complaints other than the lunch lady who wouldn't tell you that you owed money until she took your tray and handed you a sandwich with nothing but cheese on it.

Posted April 28, 2014
I love this school!! The teachers are great and i loved the classes. They are a great community and a national blue ribbon school. They have great classes and overall are a great school!!!

Holloman Middle School 1

Posted April 06, 2014
This school was terrible! The teachers cared more about their social time then helping their students. I pulled my child out and homeschooled. There was problems with bullying and the teachers just turned their heads when it would happen. I would stay away from this school if at all possible.

Posted October 28, 2012
HMS is one of the best midde schools in NM. The teachers are highly effective and provide multiple methods for students to learn. The leadership is caring and ensures that all students are focusing on learning not only academics but also interpersonal skills. The students actually enjoy school!

Holloman Middle School 4

Posted December 26, 2010
I went to HMS from 6th to 8th grade, and now I am in college. The school and teachers are great! However, the principal was uncompassionate to my medical conditions. I was very sick in middle school and went to the hospital often, but my grades where 3.8 and higher and I was in the gifted program. However, she treated me coldly and as if I was a nuisance. She had the nerve to ask me to step down from prestigious organizations because she thought my absences (which were all singed by a doctor at Holloman or from the ER) where a bad sign to other students. It angers me to think about the way she treated me! The students she loves are the ones who can get her recognized in society, have officer parents, and can not see through her false sentiments towards them. To sum it all up, she is an Attention Mongrel, who will use your children to get herself recognized! I saw her true colors, and they are not blue and gold, but green with envy! But in the end I have had the last laugh because I am a straight A student in college, go to a prestigious college, and have out grown my sickness. She however, is still stuck there in the desert chasing fame through other people's children.

Posted May 19, 2010
HMS provides a safe environment in which to learn. My 6th grader has enjoyed all of his classes this year, especially the gifted class. The school is small, student/teacher ratio is low, and teachers get to know their students well. There is good communication between teachers and parents, and the staff genuinely cares for the children. The PTO is very active, and I have enjoyed being a member and helping out this year. I look forward to next year!

Posted September 27, 2009
We just had our first parent/teacher conference for our 6th grader. All my son's teachers were in attendence and so positive and upbeat! As another parent mentioned in 2006, your child chooses between band or choir but also PE. I don't know if that was an option in 2006, but it is now. I really like the principal and teachers. It is a small school but there are many clubs and extra-curricular opportunities.

Posted March 26, 2008
My child attended this school for two years. I was very happy with it and now that we have moved away I realize even more what a great school HMS is! The principal, Ms. Showalter, is a strong leader, caring towards the students and always makes time to talk to parents. Discipline problems seem to be rare in this school. There are many teachers in the school who have been there for years and are very dedicated to the kids. Most of them go above and beyond to make sure the kids in this small school have extra opportunities to compete on a state and even national level. Such as art, writing, science, history, math and knowledge masters. The gifted program is very creative and fun - but at the same time I felt that my child was really learning in an exciting and interesting way. Parent volunteers are encouraged.

1st St and Arizona St 768, Alamogordo, NM  88330
Last modified Holloman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.