Bad
Good

We are new to this school with twins in the 6th grade. Overall, it has been a very positive experience. The classes are small, and the teachers get to know each of their students. Our twins love the school and we are very pleased with their academic progress. They were weak in math before, and are making great strides at this school. i have not met a teacher who is not caring and who does not knows how to teach. They focus on middle school because that is such a crucial time and so many kids get lost. We are very pleased with this school and highly recommend it!

My daughter transferred out of a big APS middle school and into 21st Century in her 7th grade year due to "Girl Drama" issues.After a semester at 21st Century she tested proficient in Math on the standardized test for the first time ever! And the "drama" issues were virtually non-existent. When things did come up, the staff dealt with it swiftly and with sensitivity. I'm proud to say she is now a thriving high school student.

My two kids just finished their last year at this school and I couldn't be happier that it's over. All the female teachers do is gossip about students. They give three projects a month but no time to work on them. They don't give enough notice for a o.s.i and if you are on a limited income and can not afford a o.s.i they announce it to the whole class and give the students extra homework as punishment for the parent not being able to afford it. The principal never addressed any of the issues that the parents had and if I would call or go into the office she was never available. The office manager would make it a point to be in everyone's business and then talk about students and their family to the whole school. I do not recommend this school at all. Very unprofessional staff . I'm glad my kids are done with this school.

I have a son that was in 5rh grade last year. I think it's a good school , my son did very well. Straight A's. One B He likes the class size and the kids are very nice. The teachers in 5th grade really pushed my child to do his best. Overall a great school. I really like charter schools, smaller class sizes They go on a lot of OSI field trip (means out of school instruction). I am not crazy about their new location on Academy Parkway. Too much traffic congestion during pickup. I think their building is too small. I am not satisfied with their lunch provider always cold lunches. Their so called cafeteria is a small room. All the kids complain about their lunches. They need to raise money to improve their lunch program.

21st Century was a great school for my three kids. They have all moved on to High School now but 21st Century prepared them very well for High School. The teachers are very committed to the school and the students. The classes are small and the 8th grade teaching team seems to be especially strong. A great option if you don't want your kids to get lost in the crowd. We loved that the students go out of the school on OSIs and participate in community service projects, rather than doing seat work all the time. I would highly recommend this school.

I am a former student and I suprisingly graduated last year, I say that because I'm an I.E.P and this is one of the worst schools have ever been to, I don't really like charter schools period, and I remember in 8th grade when I told the principle that I'm struggling with my school work (mainly math) she accused me of not trying hard enough, not doing my work and called me a bad student when I was a special Ed student. I didn't learn anything in fact I passed social studies within D and now in high school I'm at low reading amd math levels because I didn't getbthe extra help I needed. I would not recommend this school to anyone especially if your son/daughter is an I.E.P. Their building is awful. So please if you value your kids education don't put them in this school!

My daughter attends Twenty-First Century Public Academy and I am so happy I enrolled her at this school. There are regular OSI's that I find are a great way for her to learn about things in her pre-teen life other than school and her parents. She loves the friends she had made and has done better at this school than any other she has attended.

My son is in 6th grade and the school is okay. They take a lot of field trips (OSIs) ~20-25. The school is very unorganized. This is my biggest complaint. The academic standards are better than other middle schools. The teachers are a lot harder on boys and they seems to have a lot more activities for girls. FYI, The location will change next year.

The teachers and the principal are willing to help out students in need. The cirriculum, especially the 8th grade cirriculum, is challenging and incorporates real life lessons (how specific knowledge can be applied). I like the schools involvment in the community as well as their many OSIs-Out of School Instruction. My children learned more than academics at 21st Century, they learned how important it is to be a productive member of society.

My son attended from 6th through 8th. I was pretty happy with the teachers and the school. I would say a high % of his class attended this school from 6th to 8th. Students were very mature but still kids. For high school, all are going to many different high schools. It is quite easy to float through 21st century as long as the student does their work. Academically parents will have to follow-up with their child to verify they are challenging themselves and and trying to get better grades. Please note the school has said they will be moving in the next couple of years to a more permanent structure.

Last modified Twenty-First Century is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.