Posted August 20, 2013
My daughter began in the 2nd grade and is now in 5th. She excels in every subject, is allowed to work beyond her level, receives the support and guidance she needs and loves going to school every day. She has built some wonderful friendships as well. The administration is knowledgeable, helpful, professional and friendly. I have never hesitated to ask questions and always receive wonderful responses. My son began attending in his kindergarten year and although he has behavioral issues I felt that the teachers and Ms. Bonnie (the principal) went above and beyond to find ways to assist me and him. Montessori is a style of education that promotes personal growth, accountability, responsibility, community, and fosters learning & MRGC does a fantastic job being a model Montessori school. There is diversity in the community of families and the feel is friendly, welcoming and positive. I can't say enough positive things about this school. Last year's AYP report gave the school a B which is far above almost all public APS schools. I give it an A+ and my kids would agree. At MRGC a child does not just learn, the child flourishes and builds character that s/he will carry through life.

Montessori Of The Rio Grande 4

Posted August 25, 2009
As a new parent to MRGC, I have been actively engaging the school community since Spring09 when my daughter was accepted thru the lottery app process for the 09-10 year. Amazing staff is personable and professional and wonderfully balanced male/female wise. They all care so much about the students and are strict about students' need for personal safe place to learn and aren't afraid to advocate for it. Many other charters seem to cater to parents (probably out of fundraising & PR needs) but this school quickly focused in on my child instead of me. She OWNS that school in her view. That seems to be their view, too, and I like it. As a kindergartener, one would expect nervous hesitation at 'goodbyes' for at least the first week or two. She hesitated very slightly the first day then was ready to fly every day after. So far so good!

Posted November 27, 2008
This is my second year as a classroom teacher at Montessori of the Rio Grande Charter school. Ms Bonnie is the best! She is always putting the children first making sure that they are on target to do their very best academicaly and socially. I could not ask for a better partner in education.

Posted October 30, 2008
In the few months my five-year old has attended the kindergarten program at Montessori of the Rio Grande, she has markedly excelled in reading and other tasks. The administrator is very capable and responsive, as are the instructional coach and my daughter's teachers. The curriculum is well rounded over and above the 'basics.' I love that she is learning about, among other things, nutrition, peace and non-violent communication, world perspectives, etc- and art and Spanish in after school.

Posted October 08, 2008
This is the first year for my son at this school. Coming from an excellent choice preschool I feel as a parent that he is getting the attention and education he craves. The experience so far for him and our entire family has been nothing but positive. There is a wonderful famliy quality and sense of reassurance given from the staff.

Posted October 08, 2008
The school is on a beautiful campus and when I started my child there in the private preschool the staff seemed very professional and helpful. The Charter School is a totally different matter. Leadership is poor and erratic at best. The classes seem overcrowded and barely adequate for the kids' needs.

Posted June 24, 2008
Unfortunately, I will not be giving this school a good rating. My child started Kindergarden at this school and is not up to par with children at other schools the leadership at this school has many challenges and unfortunately because of that I know many children who are below garde level. The test scores on this website confirm what I have written. I also know many parents who have enrolled their cildren in tutoring and summer school in order to prepare them for the next grade level.

Montessori Of The Rio Grande 4

Posted May 13, 2008
We are about to complete our fourth year as a charter school. Our methodology is based upon the work of Dr. Maria Montessori. Our children have opportunities to learn at their own pace with differentiated instruction. Teachers spend many hours observing, implementing, and assessing each student. The campus is surrounded by Cottonwood trees, has a Wetlands with observation deck, a viable gardening program, a park beside us, the Rio Grande River withing walking distance...it is a true place of learning and growing!

Posted April 11, 2008
My daughter is in 5th grade and has been going there since the first year it became a charter school. I am extremly disappointed in the school system. The majority of all fifth graders that tested for private middle schools did not get in. A large amount of students are in tutoring because they are not even at their grade level. If you want to child to be prepared when they enter middle school even if it is public school please re-think sending your child to MRG.

Posted January 16, 2008
My girls have been going here since it became a chater school. Teachers care about the childern.

Montessori Of The Rio Grande
1650 Gabaldon Dr NW, Albuquerque, NM  87104
Last modified Montessori Of The Rio Grande is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Of The Rio Grande Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.