Public charter
Albuquerque, NM

Posted April 09, 2014
CAIS challenges my daughter in every way! The new campus ( although further) is clean, modern and much nicer than the old one. The teacher's she has had thus far are excellent in every way!

Posted September 20, 2013
I really like how cien aguas likes to help keep the environment nice and clean

Posted September 17, 2013
Cien Aguas International School has been a great fit for my kids. They wake up everyday really excited to go to school to learn and to be with their friends. The school has PE, art, and music programs every week. Also, my kids are learning most of the curriculum in spanish, so I feel they are constantly learning two things at once. This is truly a wonderful school!

Posted September 04, 2013
This is a bilingual K-8 school in Albuquerque. My daughter is in first grade and we love it so far! The teachers are wonderful, and the parents are very involved. Kids come from diverse backgrounds which makes for a nice community. One of the things I appreciate most about Cien Aguas is that (at least in K and 1) the kids had art and music at least once if not twice a week. This is so important, and often missing from our public schools. The lunch menu is also very healthy, and this year the school has added a "seventh inning stretch" - a 10 minute school-wide exercise every day. I love the focus on healthy minds, bodies, and environment. I think this is an amazing school, and feel very fortunate that my girls can go there.

Posted August 31, 2013
First of all, I must say that I am a teacher and a parent at the school. But my most important job is parent. I have two children at CAIS. They have exclusively attended this school. This school is a dual language 90/10 model in which the curriculum is taught in both English and Spanish. The teachers are highly qualified. The parents are super involved. And the students are super intelligent. The students what have been with us since we opened are truly bilingual. No, we didn't fair well in the state's grading system, we are still average as a whole (K-8). But look more closely at the data of the students that started their schooling with us in K. You will be pleasently surprised! Finally, I want to mention the accepting community. My son is super shy and not your normal rough and tumble boy. He has not struggled with making a keeping friends, he has never been bullied, and everyone greets him (and us daily.) That is hard to find in a school these days.

Posted August 31, 2013
Cien Aguas International School is a state chartered Spanish immersion program for K-8 grades. The teachers are trained in the GLAD system which allows ready understanding by the students in both Spanish and English. The small size of the school (2 classrooms per grade) provides a community feel to the school. Parental involvement is encouraged and is a regular part of the school community. The opportunity for my children to learn Spanish in such an environment has been without parallel elsewhere in the Albuquerque area.

Posted August 31, 2013
Good curriculum, school-wide culture of respect and positive discipline, bi-lingual and multicultural. My kids love it!

Posted August 31, 2013
CAIS is the reason we have Charter Schools. Our students always come first in our community. The teachers, families and wonderful principal are always working to improve the quality of education for our students, as well as ensure a bright future for us all. What makes us unique is the fact that we provide high quality education with a mission to provide high academic performance, in two languages, with a focus on cross cultural competency development. There is an instructional commitment to inquiry education, that embraces the environmental sciences (with a huge dollop of social consciousness) and it's done in two languages (Spanish and English). I will continue to recommend this gem of a school to anyone with small children. Our waiting lists may continue to grow, but so will our commitment to bringing high quality dual language education to the community of South Eastern Albuquerque. Que via nuestra escuela internacional, Cien Aguas (K-8)!!

Posted August 31, 2013
My kids have been going to this school for 3 years. They have both thrived here. The teachers are excellent. The school is small and families have a chance to really bond with each other. The parents are involved but not competitive (which is a hard balance to strike). The school is a Spanish Immersion school. It has been amazing to witness my kids become fluent Spanish speakers, especially considering that my husband and I know minimal Spanish ourselves. The parents, teachers and staff work hard for the good of the kids. The overall environment is kind and loving. Best of all, my kids love the school, too.

Posted August 30, 2013
A wonderful school! The teachers and staff are truly dedicated to giving a complete and thorough education. The parent community is welcoming and involved.

Cien Aguas International
3501 Campus Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87106
Last modified Cien Aguas International is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cien Aguas International Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top