Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Our three kids attend Eldorado High School. Overall we have been very satisfied with their experiences. Great teachers, great administration, and tons of extracurricular options. The high academic expectations have been great for our kids.

We have a 2014 graduate and will have a 2017 graduate. What was most important to us as a family was an academically rigorous curriculum. We are raising children to become scientists, doctors, etc. We weren't looking for teachers who were nice, we were looking for teachers who were excellent at what they do, and are willing to help our kids be better students, better learners, and better members of their community, whether here in ABQ or out of state. We have found that here, and I would like to call out a few of the teachers in particular: Cole Raison, Drama, whose time investment in EHS kids is really high, Jen Coughlin, who is one of THE best science teachers I've met, the Math Dept for fighting the good fight daily, AND Valerie Velhagen who is worth her weight in gold. Now if Mrs. McDougal could just teach AP English IV again????

Amount of homework: Agree

My kids (a freshman and a junior) didn't have very much homework, but I've heard of others (especially in honors and AP classes) having a lot.

We love Eldorado! Two of our children just finished their first year there, and they were able to take a lot of electives that interested them, like orchestra, guitar, culinary arts, and desktop publishing. They're excited about the classes they'll be taking next year, and there are a lot of activities for them to get involved in. The principal is at every monthly meeting of the parents' organization, and he really listens to what the parents have to say. He recently received an Administrator of the Year award, which didn't surprise us at all! I would highly recommend Eldorado to anyone looking for a good high school in Albuquerque.

I had a good experience at Eldorado and found the teachers very engaging. If I moved back to Albuquerque, I would be happy to send my own children there.

This school has it all. An active involved administration, excellent teachers and challenging courses. This school offers it all, and students will be engaged and enjoy the learning experience.

EHS has a lot of good things going for it. There is a sense that teachers understand that students have unique learning requirements and do their best to develop lesson plans that engage them, rather than simply generating busy work. Some jaded teachers teach only to the test and not to the students. The challenges teachers face, however, is a lack of general support from administration. The administration seems more pre-occupied by throwing their weight around as administrators with offices far removed from the classrooms, teachers, and students to really care about the experiences of those within the classrooms. Parents are given attention, but seemingly only based on their income. Solutions to problems are not often addressed; rather, a sense of finding someone to blame for the problems is more prevalent. The overall sense of student safety continues to be a growing concern, and little administrative support is given for discipline.

I used to go to Eldorado and it was the best school I have ever been to. It is much beter than the one I am going to now, and I felt that I had many more options in what classes I was able to take. Also, the courses were challenging enough so that I was able to learn well and excell in school, but not so hard as to cripple everyone who attempted to take those courses.

Eldorado High School is filled with hard working and dedicated teachers who do whatever they can to help their students succeed. Because it is not a Title I school, most of the state and federal funding for education passes the school by. Most teachers purchase whatever supplies they need out of their own pocket and they are actually getting ready to cut the funding resources for electives like art and foreign language. This is one of the few schools in the district that actually offers ceramics, photography, painting/drawing, Spanish, French, and German. We want these programs to continue so that students have the opportunity to obtain the best education possible and maintain the school's mission to instill a lifelong love of learning for all students.

I've had two children attend Eldorado. They have both excelled in English. The school has done the best they have with the assets they've been given to give the best quality education available.

Last modified Eldorado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.