Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 14, 2016
Great teachers and Principal. Very caring and great at working with my child and giving her the best experience possible in middle school!

Garfield Middle School 1

Posted January 08, 2011
i went to garfeild for one and a half years. i had to transfer mid year. the teachers have no control over students, the prinsipl does nothing, the students bully other kids because of race religon weight or mental/physical disablity or even how smart they are! over all a horrible school. i would rather send my children back to elemetary than to this school.

Garfield Middle School 4

Posted September 13, 2010
Garfield staff has been working very hard with the students to improve the environment. The school has a positive atmosphere and the staff really cares to make sure the learning at this school is top notch. There have been problems, but those are now decidedly in the past.

Garfield Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2008
I was a parent who went to Garfield and now have a child who attends. At first I believed Garfield would be a bad influence on my child so I sent child to another school. My child got into alot of trouble there and not any at Garfield. I will now be having another child going into middle school next year and my choice is Garfield. I believe there is a princpal and staff who really do care about thier students and try thier best to provide a safe environment for our students.

Posted March 07, 2006
I used to be a student at Garfield and they had great principals,Excellent teachers who cared about you as a person, a wide variety of after school activities, and there really is not bad crime at Garfield. All the kids and teachers, also parents act like family. and i Garfield middle school kids and teachers are very active in the community. Garfield middle school is also big on Character. they have character counts activitys quite often and try to teach the kids about good leadership. i am now in high school and i believe going to Garfield middle school helped me physically and mentally. i now have great leadership, and i have been nominated to whos who among american high school students and i believe Garfield middle school is the main reason why i was able to get that nomination.

Posted May 12, 2004
I am student at Garfield and I truely believe that we have a wonderful school. We get a bad reputation becasue of the gangs and violence, but no one ever heres about the good stuff. We have an at leas 2 after school activitys everyday, we have teachers that care enough to come to school regardless of the bad kids because they see the potential in the good ones, we have character counts trips to reward student that are really good but may come from a bad family and cant afford it. No one ever cares about the good stuff! Peopole in the community want to say that the teachers and the administration don't try, but they don't half the whole story. Our parents group is very small indeed but they are a dedicated group of parents. If more parents tried to get involved we would have a much better school.

Garfield Middle School 1

Posted August 26, 2003
Garfield is a school with no long term potential.The leadership is in the game of profiling students, instead of teaching overall curriculum. I feel we a community need new managment in our schools!!

Garfield Middle School
3501 Sixth St NW, Albuquerque, NM  87107
Last modified Garfield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.