Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teacher a great and really care about the success of each student.

I am a parent of a student who attends Hoover and my child is doing great at this school. The special education department is great. The staff and teachers really care about the students. It also a smaller school and feels more comfortable. I saw the comments below but they are from 2012. They are 4 years old and a lot has changed.

I am currently a student at Hoover. This school is terrible. The teachers are okay but administration is awful. They're terrible and all they care about is test scores. Kids smoke in the bathroom, the bathrooms are tagged and torn up beyond belief. Not to forget the kids are ghetto and rude. Kids scream out profanity in the halls and during class. The counslers are amazing and very helpful. I cannot wait till I am out of here

I Honestly Can't Stand Going To Hoover . The Kids Scream Profanity In The Classrooms @ The Teachers And All That Gets Done Is The Get There Agenda Signed BIG WOOP . Its Mad House. I love How Everyone Says Its A FIne School Its Not Really Were Constantly On The News For Our Numerous Fights . Hoover Is GHETO And The Admissistradors Say There Not Lible For Anything SO If U Get Ur Phone Stolen ... Fat Chance Any One is Going To Do Anything To Get Ur Stuff Back !

We are on the PFO and the principal, Kathy Alexander, cares about nothing but test scores. While test scores are important, there is more to raising young adolescents than this. As a direct result of her vision, discipline is not effectively enforced and school activities--sports, clubs, fundraisers, socials--are SEVERELY lacking. It is all work, and no enjoyment (which is also important at this age). Furthermore, the principal's tyrannical dictatorship of the PFO has turned parental input into an exercise in futility. Some of the teachers have been quite inspirational for my child, but one concern is homework--there is not enough of a challenge provided to the students. According to my child, each teacher assumes the other is giving the student enough homework, so that no teacher actually assigns ANY. What?!? What happened to 1-2 hours/day of homework that I had growing up? This school may be a 9 for NM, but it would be a 6 in all of the other 3 states I've lived in.

Chaos! no discipline. Teachers in this schools district opt to send their kids to private or transfer out instead of sending them here. I have sent 2 through Hoover and they were both honors students. They have both made me promise that I will not send our 3rd little one to Hoover. Teachers have no support in disciplining from the Principal.

I am very happy with Hoover....It has an excellent gifted program. My daugher is in 7th grade and she is now taking gifted Language Arts and Literature, Gifted Science and Accelerated Math. Our home school is Jackson middle school where she would not have been able to take accelerated math or gifted science. Thank you Hoover for your commitment to excellence!

Hoover Middle School has great support staff and educators. My daughter receives special services for speech and language. She has gained confidence and is happy. I owe it to their counselors and special education team. I had also transfered my son their from another Jackson Middle School where they would not even do an IEP for him out of the three years he attended there, even though it was recommeded by the elementary school he attened. As soon as he started late in the year at Hoover Middle School the staff there did an outstanding job assisting my son and he is now receiving the special services he should have been receiving. Thank you staff at Hoover Middle School.

I attended Hoover Middle school for three years now and I feel that the school isn't in the best condition but the teaching has been good. I think that my 8th grade year did really prepare me for high school. The school is pretty old so its understandable that it needs a lot of work. I have to say that my 8th grade science class was amazing! I guess it really depends on certain teachers to make your school year good. I do wish that they would have more activities but for now it's alright. They do need to do more work but I'm sure they'll get this school in tip top shape. It's a pretty good school.

This is a wonderful school in a terrific part of Albuquerque! I love the community!

Last modified Hoover Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.