Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

In the month of March of last year my son was in the hospital. During that time I was in continuous communication with his teacher picking up school work and dropping off school work. About the 2nd week of April I received a call from the principal Kathy Harper stating that I needed a note from the doctor to continue picking up his school work, since he was still not able to return to school. I told her I had already requested a note and would get it to her as soon as i received. A few days later she again called to tell me she would disenroll him if she didn't have it the next day. As if I didn't have enough stress, with son home but not responding well I again took more time off of work of which I wasn't getting paid to go to the hospital and find out what was keeping the letter. The doctors assistant explained that he was busy and had been traveling but she'd help me get the letter. Two days later I received the letter but Kathy Harper had disenrolled my son. Because we only had weeks until the end of school no school would enroll him so I had to try to home school until the end of the year. I would never recommend this school to any parent. Many of the teachers like the principal are cold, inflexible and insincere.

The 2015-2016 school has been the worst school year for my child. Don't expect any help or resolution from the principle of your child has any problem with the teacher or another student. This was my child's first and last year at this school. My child started in August excited about school and by the end of the year would cry every morning when it was time to head off to school. My child's teacher was cold and and not fit to teach. The principle does zero to care, help or even try to find a resolution. She doesn't even communicate with parents when there is a problem, she has her teachers that are the problem contact the parents. Then there's the drop off pick up for before and after school.....kids are running everywhere, darting into the street, running through the parking lot, parents parking in the road, etc. Its a mess and very unsafe. We have seen at least once a week a child nearly escape getting struck by a car. Very unorganized!

I love this school, the teachers are great, I have yet to find one that does not put the children first. The 5th grade teachers were the best last year and still are even thou there has been a change, I think the leadership could be improved somewhat and the Parent Involvement is not up to par. For some reason parents are not involved like they should be like in years past, not sure if because there was a change in the program and everyone is learning together. Over all I rate teachers a 10 star. Office staff is also very helpful and friendly.

matheson park is a great school with many wonderful teachers who will do everything in their power to help the students succed the field trips are great fun and educational the only negative comment i have to say is there is a very large amount of homework everynight and on weekends

I just want to thank the teachers who taught my children for a wonderful year they have made such tremendous progress throughout the year, The teachers here are really great and if you have a question they have the answers and if they don't the go and find out for you again thank you.

I love Matheson Park. I am a teacher who chooses to send my child to this school even though we are out of district. I know I work very hard for my students. I also know the other teachers work and care just as hard. Yes the principal is tough but he also has safety in mind for all children. He doesn't put up with any type of bullying and I appreciate the safety for my own child. To say he doesn't care is a huge mistake. I think our principal has a huge heart he can tell you the story behind each and every child. I think because our school is smaller we really get to know each student and their family at a much deeper level. I am proud to work here and send my child here.

I have not had any problems with this school the teachers go out and find answers they are always ready to work with my child if they have a issue, but I also have heard stories from some parents that they would home school or send there children somewhere else I really can't understand that, I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a Principal to listen, teachers who teach it is a great environment, just like anywhere good and bad I guess. But I thank you staff for making this school year a fantastic one. Looking forward to being with you again in the Fall.

The majority of the teachers at this school are outstanding! However, the teachers who are not are friends of the principal, thus there is no accountability for their job performance. Kudos to those teachers who spend so much of their own time working to educate our children! Happy teacher appreciation week!

The principal is not interested in working with parents (or teachers for that matter) when there are problems that need to be addressed. He does not answer parent phone calls and is rarely on campus if you want to see him in person. He shows blatant favoritism towards students and staff; and punishes those he doesn't like.

Disappointed! Our kids have gone to Matheson from K-5th grade and we've never been so upset with a principal before. Mr. Principal is new to the school. This is his 2nd year now and umm let's see... it's just my opinion but, I think that someone who used to be a Parole Officer/Cop, should have extensive training on how to deal with children, ages 5-10. It doesn't matter if a child is good or bad, they seem to always think they did something wrong. Believe me... we are all for discipline, as you can see it reflect in our own children, but this is a public school, not a military school!We need it to not just BE a safe place but the kids need to feel safe and accepted as well. Parents, watch your school very closely. After all, it is yours.

Last modified Matheson Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.