Bad
Good

Posted January 16, 2014
I love this school, the teachers are great, I have yet to find one that does not put the children first. The 5th grade teachers were the best last year and still are even thou there has been a change, I think the leadership could be improved somewhat and the Parent Involvement is not up to par. For some reason parents are not involved like they should be like in years past, not sure if because there was a change in the program and everyone is learning together. Over all I rate teachers a 10 star. Office staff is also very helpful and friendly.

Posted December 21, 2012
matheson park is a great school with many wonderful teachers who will do everything in their power to help the students succed the field trips are great fun and educational the only negative comment i have to say is there is a very large amount of homework everynight and on weekends

Matheson Park Elementary School 5

Posted May 12, 2012
I just want to thank the teachers who taught my children for a wonderful year they have made such tremendous progress throughout the year, The teachers here are really great and if you have a question they have the answers and if they don't the go and find out for you again thank you.

Matheson Park Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2012
I love Matheson Park. I am a teacher who chooses to send my child to this school even though we are out of district. I know I work very hard for my students. I also know the other teachers work and care just as hard. Yes the principal is tough but he also has safety in mind for all children. He doesn't put up with any type of bullying and I appreciate the safety for my own child. To say he doesn't care is a huge mistake. I think our principal has a huge heart he can tell you the story behind each and every child. I think because our school is smaller we really get to know each student and their family at a much deeper level. I am proud to work here and send my child here.

Matheson Park Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2011
I have not had any problems with this school the teachers go out and find answers they are always ready to work with my child if they have a issue, but I also have heard stories from some parents that they would home school or send there children somewhere else I really can't understand that, I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a Principal to listen, teachers who teach it is a great environment, just like anywhere good and bad I guess. But I thank you staff for making this school year a fantastic one. Looking forward to being with you again in the Fall.

Posted May 06, 2010
The majority of the teachers at this school are outstanding! However, the teachers who are not are friends of the principal, thus there is no accountability for their job performance. Kudos to those teachers who spend so much of their own time working to educate our children! Happy teacher appreciation week!

Matheson Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
The principal is not interested in working with parents (or teachers for that matter) when there are problems that need to be addressed. He does not answer parent phone calls and is rarely on campus if you want to see him in person. He shows blatant favoritism towards students and staff; and punishes those he doesn't like.

Matheson Park Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2008
Disappointed! Our kids have gone to Matheson from K-5th grade and we've never been so upset with a principal before. Mr. Principal is new to the school. This is his 2nd year now and umm let's see... it's just my opinion but, I think that someone who used to be a Parole Officer/Cop, should have extensive training on how to deal with children, ages 5-10. It doesn't matter if a child is good or bad, they seem to always think they did something wrong. Believe me... we are all for discipline, as you can see it reflect in our own children, but this is a public school, not a military school!We need it to not just BE a safe place but the kids need to feel safe and accepted as well. Parents, watch your school very closely. After all, it is yours.

Matheson Park Elementary School

Posted July 25, 2008
Thank you Mr. Maresca for a wonderful year. The changes that you have brought to our school were much needed and appreciated. I am truly looking forward to next year!

Matheson Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2008
My grand-child has been very happy there. There was a lock-down, the teachers and Mr. Maresca made all the children feel well protective, Mr. Maresca has been a huge asset to the school we look forward to working with you again, next year. I have talked with several people and they feel as I do, thanks for a wonderful school year. Mr. Maresca and Staff. A Grandparent-A. Via

Matheson Park Elementary School
10809 Lexington NE, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified Matheson Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.