Belen, NM

Posted May 03, 2010
Jaramillo Elementary School is AWESOME. They are truely focused on the kids and what's best for them. Their reading and math programs are the best. My kindergartner was reading first grade by the end of the year and in 1st grade his is taking on extra math and reading 2nd grade level. The teachers are great!

Posted January 05, 2010
My child went jaramillo from preschool to thrid grade. Jaramillo school goes above and beyond for there kids. My kid went to central elementry school for fouth grade and is going to be pulled out and put in privet school. I wish she could go back to jaramillo

Jaramillo Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2008
My child has attend Jaramillo school for the past three years. The preschool and kindergarten program is outstanding. The teachers seemed to work together and plan academic work that was fun and engaging. After kindergarten my child's love for learning has seemed to almost vanish. She hates reading, and I can not figure out why, because I show a love for reading at home. She says that she hates going to school, because of reading. She seems to do well because of the programs, but she thinks it is extremely boring and a waste of time. It worries me that a child so young hates to read! Please Jaramillo School add some excitement to your lessons. Children can learn in other ways then sitting still all day doing your so called academics.

Posted August 30, 2007
My son attended kindergarten last year and is starting 1st grade this year. I have been very pleased with his education thus far. His kindergarten experience was wonderful, the teaching approach very creative and stimulating for a very energetic boy. He came home excited about what he was learning and looked forward to attending. I was impressed with how much he learned in what seemed like a short period of time. I also found the principal to be accessible, involved and dedicated. Based on our experience so far, I would strongly recommend Jaramillo.

Jaramillo Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2007
I love jaramillo I feel like the teachers are all totally dedicated to there students. I am a little disappointed that there is no counselor but am sure as soon as we get one the school will be a well rounded school. I also am very encouraged that a principle would take the time to learn every child's name most don't. all in all I would not send my children anywhere else.

Posted July 10, 2007
Agree with the comment about the counselor, but she has since left the school. Looking forward to seeing what this year has in store. Principal has real passion for the numbers of students showing up to school on time and every day. Does not give the benefit of the doubt to students or parents, until outside sources prove otherwise. Great after school program. Have only encountered one teacher that I have had to switch my child from for lack of entusiasm. Other than that, teachers have been great.

Posted May 15, 2006
The teachers are devoted to the students. The administration does not maintain a consistent atmosphere and seems to change her stance on a whim.

Posted May 08, 2006
Was disappointed in the counselers choice in handeling situations and with diagnosis of students problems. Principal was seemingly agreeing with counselor until a professional second oppinion was conducted in numerous cases. Teacher is doing a great job at teaching, but is lacking in communication with the parents on a reqular basis.

Posted April 07, 2006
3 of my children are either attending or have attending Jaramillo. It is like sending our children to a private academy. The Principal and staff are great. They challenge our children, care about their learning and everyone is held accountable for offering a better education to the students. My son has moved onto another school and I can see the difference in the education he received at Jaramillo and the education he is receiving now. This school is a model of what and how education should be. My hats off to them for a great job. Where else do the kindergartenders come out of school reading? What a great school.

Posted September 09, 2003
My son is currently going to this school and has been since pre-school. He is now in the 3rd grade and the teachers, principal and administrative staff have been great with him and our family. My son is an honor roll student and an accelerated reader. This school is awesome in my book!!!!

Jaramillo Elementary School
520 N Main St, Belen, NM  87001
(505) 966-2000
Last modified Jaramillo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jaramillo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top