Corrales, NM
Before care: Yes

Posted August 14, 2013
Time to go back to school and our family couldn't be more excited to get back to Cottonwood Montessori School! Outstanding program with dedicated professionals and a tremendously warm community. Check it out.

Posted May 09, 2013
I have to respond to the last review on March 28, 2013 in defense of this school. I have two children that attend this school and the surroundings are charming and beautiful. The grounds are well taken care of and there is absolutely no smell when you walk into the school. That is absolutely absurd and it pains me when people choose to make such terrible reviews that are so off base to those of us who currently have our children enrolled in the school and feel extremely blessed to have the opportunity to do so. The teachers are amazing and dedicated and deserve nothing but gratitude. We are happy to help with fundraising because it helps the school continue to facilitate classes like art, music, environmental education, violin lessons, a steel band led by artist Frank Leto, physical education, and other activities for the children. Fundraising is voluntary, however, and if you can't afford to contribute more after tuition than you don't. It seems as though the last reviewer had issues with the school over finances and is lashing out. I walk into school on Monday and every other day of the week and feel my heart lift with gratitude for being able to be part of the community.

Cottonwood Montessori School 1

Posted March 28, 2013
This school is constantly asking for money yet the tuition is close to 10k/yr. People are very nice but instruction is decent to poor at best. The facility is poor, many areas lack heat and it is extremely dirty. On Monday mornings walking into that school will make your stomach turn because it smells like fecal matter; apparently they do not clean the facility regularly and after a weekend the stench builds up.

Posted March 03, 2013
Our two daughters attended Cottonwood Montessori. We moved out of state and my girls and I still miss the school and community greatly. The learning environment at Cottonwood was focused and engaged. The teachers were warm and encouraging and very knowledgeable. The families were very invested and involved. I felt it was a joyful and nurturing place for my children to learn and grow. In response to critical reviews, I would say that it is always important to advocate for you own child's learning needs and your goals for you child. Some rooms needed upgrading but the school was in process of completing new buildings. There was some resultant pressure to bring in the additional dollars required. Meanwhile I felt there was beauty, intelligence and inspiration to be found in most learning spaces. I believe children are lucky to attend this school.

Posted November 08, 2012
We have never found a school with a more well rounded curriculum than this place. Our children are able to study things like art, music, environmental Ed, gardening, violin, steel drums, etc. the list goes on and on, and these are just the fun things. We have noticed a huge jump in our kids understanding of math, reading, and language concepts. All we have have ever seen in this place is a staff who is committed and happy. The director, Trish, is a gem. She truly believes in the vision of this school and acts upon it. We would never send our children anywhere but here.

Posted October 25, 2012
My son has been a student of Cottonwood Montessori for four years. The teachers are amazing! My son has a passion for learning and can't want to go to school everyday. I could not imagine a better education or a happier child.

Cottonwood Montessori School 1

Posted October 24, 2012
Very disappointed in this school! The parents provide everything from lunches, snacks, handyman work, janitorial services, & anything else they can get the parents to do. I don't mind helping out but when I am paying so much money for my child to attend & I can't see where the money is being used for the children then I think there is a problem. The staff of Cottonwood is also constantly asking for more money. Even going so far as asking parents to take out personal loans to help expand the school. Children have classes in greenhouses. The school is unsafe & the children are largely unsupervised. My child burned her hand badly on an exposed pipe, broke her hand, & received a severe cute on her head by an exposed piece of metal on a door frame. After starting this school last year she even regressed to having accidents in her pants again. We changed schools & have seen Huge improvement & a much happier child!

Cottonwood Montessori School 3

Posted October 17, 2012
I sent my 4 year old son to Cottonwood for summer school as I was looking for a school to send him to during the school year. I experienced a high teacher turnover and poorly organised programs that did not meet my expectations. Communication was poor regarding what was expected from parent and the programs did not deliver what was described in the brochures. Overall teacher satisfaction seemed low and based on this I decided to place my son in a different school for the semester.

Cottonwood Montessori School 3

Posted October 16, 2012
I could not agree with the review posted on July 9 more regarding the constant "lack of finances" even though parents provide lunc, snacks and pay for supplies and the limited oversight of children on the playground. The toddler program is seriously lacking the ability to guide and manage toddlers and the preschool program is pretty depressing. The location and environment is pretty and perhaps we are blinded by that because the quality of care completely ruins this school. I placed my children in a different Montesorri school and noticed a change overnight. I would not recommend this school no matter how pretty the location and "fun" it might seem - there is nothing joyful about this community.

Posted October 16, 2012
I have been a Cottonwood parent for over 12 years now. My 2 students started as 18 month old toddlers and one has finished (and one nearly completed) the elementary program - through 5th grade. This school is second to none in campus, staff, programs, and parent communication. Not only was my oldest accepted into every private middle school we applied to, but when we decided to enroll her in public education she has excelled far beyond her peers. My children have loved every single day of school at Cottonwood. They are happy, well rounded, safe, intelligent, socially aware, and have a deep love of learning. The rates are competitive, and there is minimal fundraising - only a large annual auction and pledge drives. If I had the financial means I would give more to this amazing program. Every cent has been poured back into the school, and the gorgeous new buildings, exceptionalt staff and specials programs are evident of the Director's dedication and teamwork. We have seen little staff turnover in our 12 years, and feel like the school and it's community are our second family. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Cottonwood is amazing.

Cottonwood Montessori School
3896 Corrales Road, Corrales, NM  87048
Last modified Cottonwood Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Cottonwood Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top