Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 08, 2016
Mrs. Roberts, and Mrs Kennard, Although we did not see eye to eye last year Mrs Roberts has been amazing with my son this year. Both of these ladies have more integrity and are better organized than any of the other 10+ teachers I have dealt with in the last few years my children have attended this school. These are the only two teachers that have actually taken advantage of the class dojo and communicate on a regular basis. I appriciate Them both very much everyday.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted April 08, 2016
Again depends on the teacher. Some not many, are great but most are just there for a paycheck and that's about it. They do the bare minimum and do not communicate hardly at all with the parents.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted April 08, 2016
Depends on the teacher. My 4th grader gets 25 spelling words every week no matter what. And my third grader also gets spelling words every week and handwriting, and multiplication. However my 5th grader almost never had any homework of any kind except 3 or 4 spelling words.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted April 08, 2016
I think they put their students down and embarrass them in front of their peers. Therefore creating fear instead of trust and that leads to lying instead of honestly.

Mesa Verde Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2016
I have multiple children that are attending this school, and they have been there for a few years. I have had nothing but problems since day one. The teachers, well most are awful. When my son was in kindergarten he loved his teacher and everything about school. The class for too full though and they moved some of the kids to another class with another teacher, my son included. About two weeks later my son told me that he didn't want to go to school anymore. His teacher had him isolated from the rest of the class because he is hyper. Now correct me if I am wrong but aren't kindergarteners supposed to be hyper and full of energy. She was also yelling at him and scolding not him in front of the other kids. At one point I told her if he was misbehaving to call me and I would come to the school. She called me from her personal cell phone and put him on the phone with me while she continued to yell at him in the room in front of the entire class because he was talking in the lunch line when he was told not to. Needless to say when I was done with her she was much nicer to my child. But I have had horrible problems with more than just her. I read a comment earlier about a lady who came in the register her child and said that the principal and the office staff didn't even speak to her child. That doesn't surprise me in the least. The principal is very rude I have seen her give parents and children dirty looks. She obviously hates her job and should find a different one.

Posted August 19, 2015
Great school, nice environment and high alerts interms of safety! I highly recomment Mesa Verde to all resident nearby. Teachers are very helpful and supportive to all the students. Thier goals are achieving excellency in education.

Mesa Verde Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2015
I registered my child in Mesa Verde yesterday. My child was with me at the time. I thought it very strange that both the secretary and principal did not say one word to my child. Maybe they both had bad days. But, it was the first day back for kindergartners only. Not speaking to my child makes me very leery. I looked on the schools website and the principals page is empty and has been since 2011. As the year progresses I will be writing more reviews. We can only go up from here. I hope.

Posted September 19, 2011
Such a great school! The new principal is wonderful! My kids have had great teachers every year they have been there! I have always been welcomed into the classrooms and on field trips which I love! I do agree that they have such a good couselor! The previous nurse had been fantastic with the kids, a new one this year and she seems good as well but do not really know her yet. The best thing about the school is my kids are having a good time and liking going, doing well so to us that is what is what is most important, i would def recommend!!

Posted May 16, 2011
Mesa Verde is an excellent school. My child has been there since Kindergarten and is now in the fourth grade. The teachers are easy to work with and the community environment is wonderful for any child.

Posted January 26, 2011
My daughter has been at Mesa Verde for three years and we love it. She has had amazing teachers each year. They allow you to request teachers, which has been a big plus, so I have been able to put her with teachers that best fit her learning style. She is advanced for her grade level, and her teachers have always found ways to give her more advanced work and have used creative ways to keep learning exciting and fun.

3801 College Blvd, Farmington, NM  87401
Last modified Mesa Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.